All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Started taking Lotronex.
      #350482 - 09/30/09 08:46 PM
Borrelli

Reged: 03/22/09

Just an update for anyone who had been following my struggle with IBS-D. I'm a male sufferer and have tried and keep trying every natural method possible to cure my condition but to no avail. I finally (after 6 months +)convinced my GI to prescribe me Lotronex. I have been taking the 0.5mg pills for over a week now but they haven't been much sucessful at all. It has helped with the urgency slightly (nothing that daily immodium won't do) but has done nothing for the cramps, spasms, gas, occasional pains and loose stools. All in all i could up the dosage to the 1mg and it might help more but without health insurance and at a cost of @ $700/month i just don't think its worth it. Immodium has the same slight affect on me and at a much cheaper cost.

Oh well, just another notch on my belt of products i have tried.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Started taking Lotronex. new
      #350501 - 10/01/09 01:26 PM
Windchimes

Reged: 09/05/09
Loc: Northern California

I would strongly suggest that you order some of Heather's peppermint capsules. I take one of these first thing in the morning on an empty stomach (with as little bottled water as possible to get it down). Then I wait one hour before consuming anything solid or drink my morning tea. Works every time! I no longer have any pain, bloating, cramping nor gas throughout the day. I do the same in the evening, one peppermint cap an hour before retiring to bed and no snack in-between capsule and bedtime.

I used to be abrupted awaked in the night with bowel urgency, and sometimes didn't make it to the bathroom in time. What a mess! This does not happen any more with the peppermint capsules.

Best of luck to you.

--------------------
Senior female, IBS-D, presently stable thanks to Heather & Staff

#350502 - 10/01/09 01:40 PM
Borrelli

Quote:

I would strongly suggest that you order some of Heather's peppermint capsules. I take one of these first thing in the morning on an empty stomach (with as little bottled water as possible to get it down). Then I wait one hour before consuming anything solid or drink my morning tea. Works every time! I no longer have any pain, bloating, cramping nor gas throughout the day. I do the same in the evening, one peppermint cap an hour before retiring to bed and no snack in-between capsule and bedtime.

I used to be abrupted awaked in the night with bowel urgency, and sometimes didn't make it to the bathroom in time. What a mess! This does not happen any more with the peppermint capsules.

Best of luck to you.

Haha, peppermint capsules? You must be kidding right? I'm taking freaking Lotronex, the stuff thats supposed to kill people, no offense but don't you think i just might have tried this before risking my life taking Lotronex?

I have and continue to take peppermint caps mixed with fennel and ginger, unfortunetly they don't do much for me. I also take a number of natural supplements that include Probiotics, Omega 3, vitamin D3, L-Glutamine, Super B complex, Acidopholus, digestive enzymes, etc.

BTW you don't have to order pepperment caps through Heather, most Healthfood stores carry them.

#350511 - 10/01/09 03:03 PM
Gerikat

Reged: 06/21/09

That last line! lol

#350525 - 10/02/09 12:27 PM
Windchimes

Reged: 09/05/09
Loc: Northern California

Have you tried and are you using Heather's Acacia fiber and teas daily? If not, then you are missing out on a world of relief. Keep away from dairy right now and switch to soy and rice products. There are many good ones out there to help you stabilize.

--------------------
Senior female, IBS-D, presently stable thanks to Heather & Staff

Borrelli new
      #350556 - 10/03/09 02:33 PM
Gerikat

Would it be OK to send you a PM. If it's not, that is fine. I had a question that I did not want to post here. Thanks

Re: Borrelli new
      #350596 - 10/04/09 09:17 PM
Borrelli

Quote:

Would it be OK to send you a PM. If it's not, that is fine. I had a question that I did not want to post here. Thanks

Not a problem.

Re: Borrelli new
      #350600 - 10/05/09 07:10 AM
Gerikat

Well this site doesn't allow any way to PM someone. Oh well, nevermind.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1421 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2778

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review