All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Re: How many doctors?Catgirl new
      #350314 - 09/25/09 06:46 PM
mrae

Reged: 02/05/09
Loc: California

Where do you live? I took myself off of work because of my ibs-d and filed for disability a few months later because I was unaware I was able to get it, they backed payed me from the time I stopped working and i am still on it today. I quit in Dec of 08. So keep trying something or someone should be able to help but I know every state is different.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: How many doctors?Catgirl new
      #350427 - 09/29/09 12:53 PM
Catgirl

Reged: 01/10/09
Loc: Canada

I live in Canada in a small town. I've been to 8 docs so far. Some in town and some in the city.They are just awful here.They just give me drugs like candy. I've tried every birth control drug ( I get the worst severe attacks during periods ever), and everything for costipation and spasms.The drugs will either not work or give me such awful symtoms that will make me come close to passing out. It's a nightmare. Plus my family really doesn't understand how bad it is either and make cracks about how I'm not paying 'rent'.Anyway yes I will keep trying for disability. Thanks. Your lucky you were able to finally get it.

Edited by Catgirl (09/29/09 12:54 PM)

Re: How many doctors? new
      #350441 - 09/29/09 06:51 PM
Windchimes

Reged: 09/05/09
Loc: Northern California

I guess if the truth be known, it really doesn't matter how many doctors anyone has seen nor how many doctors one could add to the list while going from doctor to doctor. The REAL answers are found in Heather's books and at this website. Heather has more knowledge and practical information than any medical doctor would hope to know in the average lifetime.

This condition is one that really requires self-education, self-understanding, and self-discipline, as opposed to anything western medicine can provide.

--------------------
Senior female, IBS-D, presently stable thanks to Heather & Staff

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 3789 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3998

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review