All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
What can I drink? Please help me
      #350004 - 09/16/09 08:45 AM
Mrs. Smith

Reged: 03/13/08
Loc: Columbia, SC

I'm a drinking junkie. But here's the catch...I can only drink water so much. I need flavor..yummy flavor in my drink lol. So what can I have? I've heard that artificial sweeteners are triggers, so there goes my diet sodas. Anything carbonated...extra gone. I know I have to do something though cause this constipation cannot go on. So what can I drink please? Thank you! Many suggestions will be appreciated as I get tired of the same ole thing quickly!

--------------------
Newbie to IBS looking for some help

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: What can I drink? Please help me new
      #350006 - 09/16/09 08:48 AM
Syl

Reged: 03/13/05
Loc: SK, CANADA

I am lucky I drink carbonate water with no problems. I extract juice from berries and add a tablespoon to 8oz of water. It makes a yummy carbonate or non-carbonated drink.

--------------------
STABLE: ♂, IBS-D 50+ years - Science of IBS

The FODMAP Approach to Managing IBS Symptoms
Evidence-based Dietary Management of Functional GI Symptoms: The FODMAP Approach
FODMAP Chart & Cheatsheet
The Role of Food & Dietary Intervention in IBS

#350015 - 09/16/09 04:04 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

Isn't there a newsletter on safe drinks from the past?

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

#350023 - 09/17/09 04:09 AM
Mrs. Smith

Thank you but I already looked in the newsletter archive. She mainly recs tea and whatnot, which isn't very grab and go friendly for me. Plus tea just doesn't do it for me really. I was hoping some people might have discovered something in stores that I can buy and drink. Like yesterday I ran across this drink by the Archer Farms people in Target. It's nothing but fruit juice and water...no sweeteners, no nothing. Seemed pretty IBS friendly and nothing I had to make. I'll report back on how it taste haha.

--------------------

Oooh this Archer Farms water is good! new
      #350026 - 09/17/09 07:19 AM
Mrs. Smith

If any of you guys have ever had the spa water where they put the oranges in the water and let them float around...this stuff taste identical...well except not orange lol. I found two flavors so far at my Target. Jasmine Plum and Mango. No sweeteners. Ingredients are water with jasmine, plum, and natural flavors. I'm guessing you could add some stevia to the bottle if you wanted sweetness and didn't have problems with it. But it's quite refreshing, and I highly rec it thus far. Just thought I'd share in case someone else was looking for an alternative to just plain water or heavily sugared beverages.

--------------------

Re: Oooh this Archer Farms water is good! new
      #350050 - 09/17/09 08:13 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

There are safe beverages but it is hard to recommend some because some people avoid fructose and some do not. I drink Sobe lifewater sometimes or Snapple water. Metromint water is good. There are some naked juices and so forth that may be tolerated by some.
Once in a while I drink other things with maybe a little carbonation. Sometimes I make homemade ginger ale with club soda. Cranberry juice is ok too.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2760 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2478

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review