All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Had weird D for a week
      #348488 - 07/27/09 04:38 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

Last Tuesday I ate leftover Thai curry and followed it with too many dark choc chips. I knew at the time it was too much fat but threw a few more chips in. I got D but sort of ignored it and left for the evening. It was there urgently upon waking up Wed and Thurs despite a few pep caps. Thur I took an immodium and as soon as it wore off more D cramps and D gas. When I have gone since it has pretty much been D the whole time. I have really stinky D gas and cramps after eating most of the time. I thought it would go away by now, but had it after work. I usually go after work just not D. So it is weird how it holds just fine and then comes out D and it is weird that it wasn't just a one day thing. I haven't had issues like this in years. I get D about 6-10 times a year generally due to heat, mistakes in my diet or some unknown reason. It is light and temporary.
I have a trip Thur-Sun this week and I am sure it will be gone by then, but how weird! I am trying to eat safer til that time and I have increased my fiber and liquids.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Had weird D for a week new
      #348497 - 07/27/09 07:03 PM
glasgowgirl

Reged: 09/01/08
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

God I hate D with unknown cause or when it just won't quit. i had a run of it - no pun intended - last week finally decided it was the heat and stressing about money.

--------------------
Stable IBS D

#348509 - 07/28/09 06:07 AM
Joannelcoq

Reged: 10/16/06
Loc: Long Island, NY

I have had a weird pattern change as well. Never took Immodium before but now I feel its necessary. I changed my lifestyle a bit and I am out more so I dont want my D to keep me down. Did anyone find their IBS-D pattern change in long bouts? I mean I was on and off for 2 months then clear for 6, bad for 3 weeks(homebound) clear for 2 months straight,...and so on. Consistency is different too.

#348555 - 07/28/09 07:45 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

Now my hub said the last two days after lunch he has had D. He claims it is grapes on an empty stomach. I haven't been eating grapes.
Still had it today. I hope it is gone by my convention this weekend. It is weird like I said because it just waits in there with occasional gurgles and then comes out when I decide, I guess.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1917 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 948

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review