All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
laparoscopy done and dont i know it
      #347705 - 07/01/09 07:26 AM
jjuk

Reged: 06/21/09
Loc: warwickshire , uk

hi all ive had my laparoscopy done on thursday and im really feeling it - im still trying to heal and now my stitches are infected happy days :O( not !!

I didnt go the loo for 2 days following the op and since then i have been having cramping and diareah like ibs attacks - doc said this is normal as they would have had to move the bowels out the way and pump air into my tummy so i feel lik eim back to square one with ibs now. i hadnt had the cramping and urgency for soooo long i forgot how horrible it was. so i have just done my weekly shop online and ordered only SF foods with a few IF for adding i have ordere only good foods and am getting back on this diet very strictly for a few weeks. i hope this works.

Feeling very low after the op and still in a gerat deal of pain :O(

Has anyone else had a laparoscopy ? can anyone give me any advice etc ?

--------------------
ibs for 8 years x

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: laparoscopy done and dont i know it new
      #347709 - 07/01/09 08:03 AM
Gerikat

I have had two done. I had no bowel problems, but was gassy and bloated for about a week (that is due to the air they used to expand your stomach). I was up and around the next day, although not 100%. In about a week I was fine, after both, so give it a little time. I really did not have much pain at all. Just take it easy!

#347713 - 07/01/09 09:16 AM
mrae

Reged: 02/05/09
Loc: California

I had one done last Wednesday followed by a partial hysterectomy the same time. So as far as pain I have been in alot but I had alot more done but even so I have only had alot of gas and even that hasn't really bothered me. It took me3-4 days to have a bowel movement and for the first time in a long time I actually had a normal formed stool. So far I haven't had the urgency but then again I don't go anywhere yet but to the doctor and I still use immodium because I don't move fast enough right now to make it if there is urgency issues. My incision from the lap surgery is already healed but the incision from the hysterectomy obviously will take alot longer but I am feeling better each day. Its been a week and let me tell you the first day or so I was so upset you just feel like you will never be better but just take it one day at a time and take it easy as much as you can. Don't be in a hurry to get up and around do it slowly and you should be fine. I am sorry to hear your stitches are infected that was my worse fear but my doctor sees me every 3 days to doctor my incision and so far so good but I don't have stitches. I hope you well soon

#347728 - 07/02/09 01:26 AM
jjuk

Loc: warwickshire , uk

thanks guys - i ha a laparoscopy - hysteroscopy d & c and they removed adhesions so yeah pretty bruised all round really - the wound in my belly button is fine its the bottom incision by my pelvis thats inflammed and infected. im quite worried about it really but docs given me stuff for it so hopefully it will be ok.

--------------------
ibs for 8 years x

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3894 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1318

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review