All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Bringing Fiber to Work
      #347562 - 06/26/09 05:50 AM
WayneK

Reged: 05/22/09

How does everyone bring their fiber to work? I need ideas. I haven't found a great way yet. I like to have it with breakfast, mix it in my oatmeal. But thus far I've either carried "one dose" in a container or used one of those containers for baby formula (the ones with the sections) but it seems to leak out.

Wayne

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Bringing Fiber to Work new
      #347565 - 06/26/09 08:18 AM
Kappy

Reged: 10/09/08
Loc: Mississippi

Hey Wayne!

I put some acacia fiber in a ziploc baggie. I try to find the snack size ones. I take my protein shaker with me too (I only use it for fiber supplements) and put the fiber in it and add water and shake, shake, shake, senora, shake your bodyline! lol

Hope that helps! Maybe one day they will find a way to package the fiber into single servings or tablespoon servings like how artificial sugars are packaged (i.e. splenda, sweet n low, etc.) But, Heather had a reply to this scenario, one time, that the fiber tends to clog up the machines, and it's harder to get into small packets. I think that's how it went. Anyway, I'm rambling!

Hope you have a good tummy day!

--------------------
IBS-C, Gas, Bloating, HURTING!

I'm married and it's so wonderful!

#347569 - 06/26/09 08:56 AM
moonwillow

Reged: 06/10/09

I learned this idea from this board-every morning I put the amount of acacia I need for the day in a bottle of water (not cold and you have to pour some off the top first or it won't shake), using a small funnel. then-do the shake shake shake thing. I carry it in my purse or lunch box, and drink it during the day. I've found this works well for me. I also do this when I travel-take as many daily "doses" in bottled water as I'll need for the trip. Easy to pack, and no spills.

#347696 - 06/30/09 05:21 PM
Double J

Reged: 03/09/06
Loc: High Rocky Mountains ibs-d

I have some tubes that cinnamon toothpicks came in. Holds about 1.5 teaspoons each. Great for traveling, work, camping.

But I like moonwillow's idea also.

--------------------
Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, “I will try again tomorrow”. Mary Anne Radmacher

#347757 - 07/02/09 06:44 PM
Jo658

Reged: 06/02/08
Loc: Texas

so if you take 3tsp a day of acacia fiber for example, do you put all of it in one bottle of water? How do you know how much you've consumed before each meal?

#347761 - 07/04/09 09:50 AM
Godandme

Reged: 02/15/09
Loc: Orange County, California

When I travel for a day, I keep some in a small ziplock bag with a teaspoon measuring spoon and sprinkle some on my foods when needed.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 6749 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1799

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review