All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
The Dreaded Question- Venting
      #347546 - 06/25/09 02:15 PM
robbiej

Reged: 02/28/08
Loc: Seattle, WA

So, I know this is an "eating for IBS" board" but as I was reading thought the posts (long time IBS-D'er-25yrs- BTW) I had to laugh when I saw someone bring up their frustration of the most hated question in the the world of IBS: WHAT DID YOU EAT ?

Here is my experience:

I'm on an airplane (or you can insert any other place where I can not run to the toilet-work, car, dinner, etc....cause THAT'S when the attacks always happen) and my body starts to feel "sick." There is no exact why to explain the feeling. Then comes the burning, churning, and my whole body goes flush. My body starts to tingle and I get goosebumps all over my arms and legs. I start to panic. The pain increases and then goes away...hum...maybe I will be OK....Nope.

The pain comes back like a wave. The cramps get worse, the tingles get more intense, and my body just goes "sick." And then the accident happens. So not only do I have the pain, sick feeling, and panic, but then add the embarassment.

What did I eat? FOOD.

Thanks for letting me vent.

Robin

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: The Dreaded Question- Venting new
      #347551 - 06/25/09 04:30 PM
Gerikat

Reged: 06/21/09

I am sorry, I don't mean to laugh, but this is so funny. Most people eat food, don't they? but according to others we must be eating worms, bugs, or some alien thing that is causing our problems. It could not be food, after all, they eat it all the time, and they don't have any problems. Well...excuse me!

#347588 - 06/26/09 03:50 PM
robbiej

Reged: 02/28/08
Loc: Seattle, WA

You are so right! Even my poor family...after all these years still ask " What did you eat?" As if asking me for the 1,000th time I would suddenly go: " WAIT!!! I know now (after 25 years) it must be the laundry detergent I've been eating for dinner!!!" DUH.....

Thanks for listening and for making me laugh too. NO ONE can understand unless they are sick too.

Have a good weekend.
Robin

#347590 - 06/26/09 05:03 PM
GaGa

Reged: 01/12/08
Loc: Florida

Great post and sooooooo true. Add food allergies to that and you've got me - beside the allergies change from test to test - Fun! And, unless you are real, real sick, can't eat and look emaciated - people think you are fine because you don't "look sick". I wouldn't wish this on an enemy - if I have one??? - but, you just wish they could understand and have an ounce of empathy! The goosebumps, flushing, etc. reminds me of how I feel at the beginning of a panic attack, but they usually occur because I start feeling sick... The cycle goes on and on and on!

--------------------
"I Will Survive! :-)... I shall live and not die and declare the works of The Lord..."

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 5473 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1068

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review