All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
fiber dissolve problem
      #347025 - 06/09/09 05:35 AM
Jeremiah

Reged: 03/16/08
Loc: Rome, Georgia

I have problems dissolving the fiber in water sometimes. I put it in the cup first (i'm at 1 tsp right now) and slowly pour in room temp water while stirring with a fork. It usually always clumps up. I then let it sit for a minute and stir again but still clumped. Any suggestions?

--------------------
AIM: tehjrow
Yahoo: tehjrow
MSN: jtowe@taxwise.com
Feel free to IM me!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: fiber dissolve problem new
      #347028 - 06/09/09 08:02 AM
Cathrine

Reged: 06/04/09
Loc: Dallas, TX

Are you using the Tummy Fiber? I am and I am also at 1 tsp 2x per day. Are you using a fork to stir it when you add the water? It seems to work better than a spoon. Also, I noticed that it works better too, if you begin stirring before you begin adding the water. I run the tap, start stirring, then put the glass under the tap while I continue to stir. Then I let it sit while I get my tea ready, maybe 2-3 min tops, stir again and drink. That's my routine and it seems to dissolve well. Hope that helps you!

--------------------
Keeping this all in perspective... "These little troubles are getting us ready for an eternal glory that will make all our troubles seem like nothing." 2 Corinthians 4:17 (CEV)

#347043 - 06/09/09 11:36 AM
erindAdministrator

Reged: 03/19/08
Loc: Seattle, WA

Hi there,

I'm so sorry you're having difficulty getting the acacia to dissolve. I'm including a list of tips we've come up with over the years to help fully dissolve the acacia in liquids or moist foods.

TIPS TO DISSOLVE ACACIA

1) It works best if the liquid temperature is cool or lukewarm, not very cold or boiling hot

2) Add acacia to an empty cup, mix it with add just enough liquid to dissolve the acacia, then add the remaining liquid

3) Stir with a fork instead of a spoon

4) After stirring initially, let it sit for about 60 seconds, then stir again and any remaining lumps should dissolve

5) Sprinkle on moist foods while stirring it in instead of adding a big spoonful all at once

6) It will eventually dissolve if you just let the acacia sit for a moment.

I hope this helps!
Erin

--------------------
Erin Dudley, MS, CN
Certified Nutritionist
Heather's Tummy Care / Heather & Company for IBS, LLC
IBS Education, Support, & Products
Toll Free: 866 640 4942 Direct: 206 264 8069 Fx: 206 264 8072
80 S. Washington St. #304, Seattle, WA 98104 USA

Patient Support Site: HelpForIBS.com
Wholesale Accounts: HeathersTummyCare.com
Co-Packing Services

Join Heather's IBS Newsletter Here
Join us on Facebook!
Join us on MySpace!

LEGAL DISCLAIMER - This email is not intended to replace the services of a physician, nor does it constitute a doctor-patient relationship. Any application of the recommendations in this email is at the reader's discretion. Heather Van Vorous and Heather & Company for IBS, LLC are not liable for any direct or indirect claim, loss or damage resulting from use of this email and/or any web site(s) linked to/from it. Readers should consult their own physicians concerning the recommendations in this email

#347082 - 06/10/09 01:28 PM
moonwillow

Reged: 06/10/09

I learned this from someone on this board-I put the acacia fiber in a bottle of water and shake shake shake. I use a very small funnel to avoid spills. This works really well because I can take it with me all day - and when I'm going out of town, it is super easy to take pre-prepared bottles with me! Thanks to this board for good ideas and advice!!!

step 2 new
      #347115 - 06/11/09 07:35 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

Step 2 is the tricky part. I don't use a fork myself but put the acacia in the vessel, add a couple tablespoons of liquid and *stir to a smooth paste* then add the rest of the cold liquid. Making hot chocolate works this way too. It is actually a cooking technique called a slurry used to make lump-free sauces.
Shaking in a bottle works too.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 4273 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1422

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review