All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Back on Align...
      #346727 - 06/02/09 12:21 PM
Aly

Reged: 08/16/04
Loc: Columbus, Ohio

After months of not taking Align, I started it again. I have not been as stable recently. I've adjusted my diet, done yoga, etc... you all know how that goes. So, I'm going back on Align. I took it for over a year and LOVED it. But, once I was stable, I stopped taking it b/c of cost and availability was tough. I love that its' easy to get now, so I'm going to give it a try.
I started last night. Hopefully it'll do the trick! I remember the first month or two wasn't great, but hopefully long=term will be worth it.
I'll keep everyone posted with my progress!
Thanks for the support! It's tough doing something knowing it could get a bit worse b4 I get better!

--------------------
IBS-A

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Back on Align... new
      #346744 - 06/02/09 08:31 PM
KatheC

Reged: 04/20/09
Loc: AZ, USA

I'm trying again too. I took from end of April for four weeks, took off for two to see if I felt different, and started back up again last week. I think it helped for urgency, but want to give it more time to be sure. I'll know for sure when I don't have to run to a restroom.

I would like to ask, do you follow Heather' diet strictly too? When you said you started having problems again, was your diet different or the same as when you were on Align?

I wish Align was cheaper. I did try to order Life Start from mail order to try it, but the online company I ordered from sent it through UPS, took seven days, and the ice pack they shipped it in was melted, so got a refund. I did find they sell it locally here in a vitamin store, but went ahead and bought two packs of Align with coupons last week, so am stocked up for now. To save money, I'll buy the Life Start next. For traveling, Align will still have to work, because the Life Start needs to be refrigerated. Good luck getting stable again.

Re: Back on Align... new
      #346752 - 06/03/09 04:58 AM
Aly

Reged: 08/16/04
Loc: Columbus, Ohio

My diet got a little too relaxed. I still followed the main parts of the diet, but I would sneak some sweets in there a bit too often. Even though I haven't been as stable as before, I am still able to work every day and it really is not bothering my every life too much.
I agree, align is expensive and I was hoping to find something else, but I love the portability of the blister packets. I travel a lot and when I tried taking a refridg. probiotic, it was just a pain!
Good luck to you! Let me know how you feel! Today is day 2 and I'm not too miserable...lol

--------------------
IBS-A

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 6689 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 738

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review