All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
Zithromax, tummy cramps and Disneyworld...HELP!!
      #34639 - 12/31/03 01:32 PM
Leah

Reged: 06/18/03
Loc: Denver, CO.

What a great New Year's Eve I am having! I am on Zithromax for a raging sinus infection that has had me in bed for about a week. I now have horrible tummy pain and intestinal cramps. I am doubling over they hurt so bad. I am leaving for Disneyworld tomorrow to celebrate my 30th birthday and I am a mess! I have been taking Immodium, which helps a bit, drinking peppermint tea, taking Maalox with my antibiotic and eating rice and such. Any other ideas? I am soooo at my wit's end right now! I want to be well and have fun on my trip ! ARG!!! I also am afraid that when I get there, it will be hard to find things to eat and my tummy will be even more messed up. Help!!
Leah
ps. Happy New Year to All!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Zithromax, tummy cramps and Disneyworld...HELP!! new
      #34642 - 12/31/03 01:48 PM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

Happy Birthday to you, right?

Gosh, I don't know what to tell you. I did want to say, there is a statement on Imodium about checking with your doc or pharmacist if you're taking antibiotics. I don't know why that is, but just wanted to let you know. Sorry if it adds to your misery.

I guess try to relax in the meantime. Stressing can't be helping any.

Hope things get better for you for your trip.

Happy Birthday & Happy New Year.

#34643 - 12/31/03 01:50 PM
Debby

Reged: 11/05/03
Loc: Cleveland, Ohio

Sorry you are so sick! I'm not an expert but when I have taken Maalox in the past it really bothered my stomach. I think it's the magnesium in there? Also I have read that taking Acidophilus can help combat the effects of antibiotics. I have been taking it every day for a few weeks just for the good gut flora.

A heating pad really helps me with any stomach pain and I think they also sell the heat pads you can stick right on your stomach and wear under your clothes (they make them for cramps but will work for stomach pain too). Maybe you can get one for the trip there? Hang in there and read up on the what to eat when you can't eat anything section.

#34649 - 12/31/03 02:06 PM
annkent

Reged: 12/30/03
Loc: Mississippi

Hi - Happy Birthday for tomorrow...
I don't know much about taking Immodiom with antibiotics, but think you've already gotten some tips on that. I am new at this anyway, but one thing that I have found has helped me, if you can take the High Fructose in it is Arizonia Stress Tea, if you can't do the High Fructose try the Diet Green Tea.. or just use the tea bags.

#34652 - 12/31/03 02:22 PM
Debby

Reged: 11/05/03
Loc: Cleveland, Ohio

P.S. Maybe the warmer weather will help make you feel better! Take it easy when you first get there to give yourself some time to adjust.

#34663 - 12/31/03 02:53 PM
Leah

Thanks for all of the tips. I checked with a pharmacist and she said I can take Immodium with Zithromax. Thank goodness! I am worried about the plane ride and also about finding things to eat when I get there. I agree. I need to not stress out and take it as it comes. Hopefully tomorrow will bring a happier nose and tummy!
Leah

#34664 - 12/31/03 03:07 PM
AngelKitty

Reged: 12/31/03

I just got back form Disney...ask for a frideg in your room and bring your own food (or go to the publix just outisde park.) The food is all fried there......just about...good luck,hope you feel better soon.

#34665 - 12/31/03 03:12 PM
kshsmom

Reged: 11/20/03

You know -- if you ate food with your dose - then all I can say is that you should talk to your doc about not taking that again -- some people just don't tolerate some antibiotiocs very well. I do very well on Zithromax -- and I do horribly on some others. I can't remember what it was... but one thing I took made me have horrible cramps and the runs -- so I called the doc and he switched me to a Z-pack instead. That's what I have been taking ever since (whenever I do have an infection). It doesn't cause me any trouble -- so long as I eat when I take it.

I think you should check with your doctor if it really is bothering you about something else to use -- unless you're already done taking it -- then you may want to considering something else -- next time.

#34667 - 12/31/03 03:43 PM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

About Disney... did you make restaurant reservations already? If you call the Dining Line they can make a note of all of your food restrictions and pass them onto whatever chef at whatever restaurant you want. They will give you the direct line for the restaurant as well so you can talk to the chef yourself. I know they have veggie burgers and non-dairy smoothies around as well. If you don't have a chance to call them check in with Guest Relations the minute you get into the park. I'll be at Epcot myself on Tuesday.

I hope you feel better!

#34668 - 12/31/03 03:55 PM
Leah

Thanks for the Disney tip! I am also packing a few goodies in my suitcase.
Leah

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 4551 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 7464

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review