All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Tofu and fruit/veg confusion!
      #346215 - 05/19/09 11:24 PM
bubbles07

Reged: 05/19/09

I am booked in to have a colonoscopy but am currently following the IBS diet to control my digestive syptoms.
I'm still getting syptoms despite this and am wondering if I should blame tofu/fruit or veges? My main concerns are bloating, gas and C never D. I've been eating tofu/veg patties with brown rice, bananas, avocadoes, gluten free bread and wraps,peanut butter, rice cakes/crackers, rice cereal and rice milk, sweet potatoes, carrots, porridge oats, tin pears, kiwifruit, peas and blueberry muffins from a recipe on this site but am still hurting!

HELP!!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Tofu and fruit/veg confusion! new
      #346220 - 05/20/09 07:51 AM
Lisa Marie

Reged: 07/17/06
Loc: Lakewood, CO

It sounds like you're not getting nearly enough Insoluble Fiber. Are you using a SF supplement, like Acacia? The gas, bloating, and C are all related, obviously. Do a search on Natural Calm, that has always really helped me with C. I wouldn't recommend the brown rice until you are stable, that's a tough one to digest. I would focus on getting your IF from blended, pureed, and/or cooked fruits, veggies, and beans rather than whole grains when you're trying to stabilize.

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!
Mommy to Rhiannon Marie (Dec. 13, 2008)

#346232 - 05/20/09 11:48 AM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

I agree with lisa marie. Try some bean-o before you eat and add a smoothie in your diet like peach blueberry or strawberry just start with a few of them and then up it if it goes ok. You can do bannans add them for more sf play around with it. You can use soy milk rice or almond breeze. I agree try adding more if slowley. hth
emmasmom
ibs-c gas

Edited by emmasmom (05/20/09 11:58 AM)

#346248 - 05/20/09 07:40 PM
renee21

Reged: 06/02/05
Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

You also might want to cut out the tofu and see if that helps - I find it very gas-causing.

--------------------
IBS-C, lots of spasm and trapped gas.

#346276 - 05/21/09 06:40 PM
bubbles07

Reged: 05/19/09

Thanks for the helpful comments, I'm on a SF supplement but because I'm in Australia Heather's one is unavailable here, niether is Beano which is a shame! I have felt much better the last two days after eating mainly SF and a little cooked vegetables, no tofu! Bloating has gone as has C so thank you once again! Am going to bake some of Heather's bread recipes this weekend too

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1505 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1387

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review