All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Refridgerated Probiotic
      #346064 - 05/15/09 03:20 PM
CathyF

Reged: 05/21/08

I bought one that is refridgerated kind probiotic pills. It says take two capsules. Is that too much?
The brand is Solaray Multidophilus-12 20 billion enteric coated. I bought it at health food store. The lady recommended two in the morning.
This is my third day I've taken. Waiting to see how I feel. I hate the pain and churning feeling.
Cathy
IBS-A, Gas, Picky eater

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

? Re: Refridgerated Probiotic new
      #346065 - 05/15/09 04:06 PM
butterbean

Reged: 01/25/09
Loc: California

I wonder why it has to be refridgerated? Also does it list the different strains of beneficial bacteria in it?

--------------------
IBS-D, GAD (general anxiety disorder), Major Recurrent Depression, GERD (gastric reflux disease), Hiatal Hernia, PTSD

Re: ? Re: Refridgerated Probiotic new
      #346079 - 05/15/09 08:15 PM
CathyF

Reged: 05/21/08

I found out from other users:
The specific brand of probiotic which really delivers what it says it delivers is by Nature's Secret: Ultimate Probiotic 4-Billion. I get 45 tablets for about $28. I use one per day, but at first I found it necessary to use more. Solaray also makes an enteric coated one called Multidophilus-12 enteric coated (be sure to look for the enteric coated label). I found Solary less effective. Perhaps the potency is compromised, since refrigeration is required on that one.
-glitzygirl

Also.. probiotics generally don't work unless they ARE refridgerated. There's no way for the cultures/bacteria to be kept alive if they're on a shelf, and that's the whole point of them.
-feverdream

#346080 - 05/15/09 08:44 PM
butterbean

Ok this may be a really dum question but... aren't they sold sitting on a shelf to begin with? lol

--------------------
IBS-D, GAD (general anxiety disorder), Major Recurrent Depression, GERD (gastric reflux disease), Hiatal Hernia, PTSD

#346081 - 05/15/09 11:51 PM
mrae

Reged: 02/05/09

When I went to buy mine at health food store they had both some in the frige and some on the shelf. The ones I have tried Align and some other brand were not helpful for me but I have heard the ones in the frige work better. I have not taken any of them so I do not know from experience.

#346082 - 05/16/09 01:12 AM
butterbean

oh ok LOL well you can tell I don't any that stuff. Only way to learn is to ask.

--------------------

Re: Refridgerated Probiotic new
      #346084 - 05/16/09 06:44 AM
dragonfly

Reged: 05/12/08
Loc: canada

I use one that ofter opening you have to refrigerate.
Now heres the thing,Itake two with each meal for the first week and then one at each meal.
My bottle says to take it before you eat but my brother inlaw takes his after each meal.

Read your bottle.
Ireally did find it helped my stomach pains and cramps.

HTH

--------------------
IBS-D since 1999...mostly stable..i do cheat too.Bad me.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 731 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1833

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review