All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Anyone tried Provex CV flavonoid?
      #345783 - 05/08/09 07:12 PM
Borrelli

Reged: 03/22/09

Just ordered some Provex CV. Its a flavonoid supplement that has helped/cured a few people with there IBS-D. Just wondering if anyone on here may have tried it or something similar?

This is probably my last ditch effort before ordering up some Lotronex.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Anyone tried Provex CV flavonoid? new
      #345785 - 05/08/09 07:53 PM
mrae

Reged: 02/05/09
Loc: California

I've never heard of it. Where do you get it? I wouldn't mind trying it for my ibs-d.

#345786 - 05/08/09 09:51 PM
Borrelli

Quote:

I've never heard of it. Where do you get it? I wouldn't mind trying it for my ibs-d.

There is a site that sells the stuff but you have to pay a fee to join. I will try and pm you the site but i got mine off ebay. Something like 120 capsules for $35.00. Someone from another site swears this stuff cured his D so i figured what the heck. I've tried everything else except Lotronex which is the next step if this doesn't work.

#345787 - 05/08/09 09:52 PM
Borrelli

Guess im not a card carrying member so i can't send pm's? sorry. Just do a google search for the stuff and the site should come up as they are the only ones who sell it other then ebay.

#345794 - 05/09/09 06:16 AM
Syl

Reged: 03/13/05
Loc: SK, CANADA

I am interested in where you heard that flavanoids like those found in Provex CV can help or cure IBS-D. An extensive check of the IBS research publication does not reveal any research that has been done on the use of flavanoids to treat IBS. However, there are a number of studies that have looked at the effect of flavanoids on cholesterol.

--------------------
STABLE: ♂, IBS-D 50+ years - Science of IBS

The FODMAP Approach to Managing IBS Symptoms
Evidence-based Dietary Management of Functional GI Symptoms: The FODMAP Approach
FODMAP Chart & Cheatsheet
The Role of Food & Dietary Intervention in IBS

#345816 - 05/09/09 12:44 PM
Borrelli

You are correct, there have been little to no scientific studies done on its affect directly on IBS. This is the only thing i could find, something about flavonoids inhibit the secretion and accumulation of secretory granules in rats.

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science?_ob=ArticleURL&_udi=B6T7P-3WMJS9T-2&_user=10&_rdoc=1&_fmt=&_orig=search&_sort=d&view=c&_acct=C000050221&_version=1&_urlVersion=0&_userid=10&md5=ffd720f2973276e20fdecc706bb5770c

There are a few people who have needed to take flavonoids for there cholesterol/heart conditions and as a result the flavonoids also ended up curing there IBS-D symptoms.

Even if it doesn't work i will atleast have a healthier heart.

Edited by Borrelli (05/09/09 12:46 PM)

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 616 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4250

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review