Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Couple of Questions - I need some help!
      #345687 - 05/06/09 12:19 PM
Kappy

Reged: 10/09/08
Loc: Mississippi

I posted this in the wrong board!

Ok, so I've been eating the same thing for about 3 days now, and have been doing fine. I ate lunch in kind of a rush, and I'm nervous about the wedding so I am a little bloated... Is that the reason for my bloating?

Here is what I've eaten: (my daily regimen for the last 3 days)

Oatmeal 1 Serving w/2T of acacia
1 C Rice Milk
1 C strawberries
Dried Apricots
2 Rice Cakes (lightly salted)
Minute brown rice bowl
5 oz. V8 (low sodium)

This is what I plan on eating the rest of the day:
Snack pack of cooked carrots
1/2 C applesauce
1 Banana
1 serving of Pretzels
1 servign of oatmeal for supper

(I know it doesn't sound like a lot, but I'm trying to lose a little weight before the big day! Really just trying to tone the jiggle )

OK!!!

SECOND QUESTION:
We are going on our honeymoon in Ridgedale, Missouri. There are tons of restaurants on the resort's campus, but I'm scared of eating anywhere except places I know have something safe for me.

What should I do? Should I pack a bunch of SF snacks/foods to take with. That's alot to tote along. Or should I wing it and try to eat there??? This isn't fun to think about. I know it will be fun once I get there, but I'm nervous about the food selections.

I need some advice on both questions. Please anyone, give some suggestions!

--------------------
IBS-C, Gas, Bloating, HURTING!

I'm married and it's so wonderful!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Kappy, new
      #345688 - 05/06/09 12:29 PM
osbo54

Reged: 09/04/08

Why don't you scout out the restaurants that are on campus, before you go? Personally, I would wing it. You can always find something to eat. I remember Syl saying he did alot of overseas travel and could always find something to order in a restaurant. And, we are only talking about Missouri here, so I don't think they will have anything too exotic.

When I have traveled in the US, I just go. I can always find a piece of bread, applesauce, a potato, something grilled, and I take a snack for the road. Yummo!

Take the snacks, but relax a little. Girl, it's your wedding, CHILL!

And yes, your are probably bloated because of your stress. I bloat and get gassy when anxious or stressed.

Re: Kappy, new
      #345690 - 05/06/09 12:34 PM
Kappy

Thank you so much! I do need a chill pill! I am going to wing it and take a few snacks. Maybe some pretzels and some rice cakes or something!

I got upset because we couldn't get the marriage license today with the piece of paper we got from the blood tests. It's all getting straightened out now, hopefully, and we are going to get the license tomorrow. It's just so close, and there's a three day waiting period, I got very upset!

Cheering up now!!! I have so much energy, I need to burn it off somehow. It quit raining, so I might go run around the bank a time or two. just kidding!

--------------------

#345692 - 05/06/09 12:42 PM
osbo54

Reged: 09/04/08

I am going to come to your bank today, and tell them I need a loan and I want Kappy! Where is she?

#345693 - 05/06/09 12:46 PM
Kappy

Hahaha! Please do, I need some work!

--------------------

Re: Couple of Questions - I need some help! new
      #345701 - 05/06/09 03:11 PM
Syl

Reged: 03/13/05
Loc: SK, CANADA

I have a couple of basic meals - oatmeal for breakfast and grilled chicken breast, white rice/baked potato and soft boiled carrots for lunch/dinner. I can usually get a restaurant to prepare one my basic meals even if it is not on the menu. When I stay at a hotel or resort I call a few days ahead of arriving and ask if they can assist with special dietary requirements. If I am staying some place for a few days upon arrival I go to the closest large supermarket get a few things like canned tuna in water or smoked mussel/oysters (I drain the oil), lemon, French bread and a couple of treats. I keep these items in the hotel room just in case of unforeseen circumstances

Good luck

--------------------
STABLE: ♂, IBS-D 50+ years - Science of IBS

The FODMAP Approach to Managing IBS Symptoms
Evidence-based Dietary Management of Functional GI Symptoms: The FODMAP Approach
FODMAP Chart & Cheatsheet
The Role of Food & Dietary Intervention in IBS

Thanks, Syl! I'll try that - new
      #345725 - 05/07/09 06:50 AM
Kappy

It also looks like the restaurants have alot of good choices that are IBS friendly. They have oatmeal and fruits and veggies for room service and pastas, etc. So, I think, along with y'alls help, I will be fine! I think I just got a little upset yesterday and worried about everything! I'm trying to chill out some now

Thank you again! I am going to call ahead like you said!

--------------------

Re: Couple of Questions - I need some help! new
      #345733 - 05/07/09 09:16 AM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

When I go stay some were I bring this big red bag I pack it full of safe snacks like blueberry muffins pretzels grhamn crackers animal crackers ceral. That way I know I will always have something and we get a room that has a mircowave and we bring something thats already made and just re-heat it. I have been know to bring my blender for smoothies!Last year for are anniversary we went and stayed and brong the little george formen and make turkey bugers on it in the room. It was fun. We do eat out just safe places that have grilled chicken and grilled fish. Its cheaper to bring your own food and alot safer! hth
emamsmom
ibs-c gas

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 492 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1555

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review