All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Re: Borrelli/ Pennie new
      #345462 - 05/03/09 05:27 PM
mrae

Reged: 02/05/09
Loc: California

So is the gasx still working ok for your Cholystermine?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#345465 - 05/03/09 05:55 PM
Pennie

Reged: 11/24/08
Loc: South Carolina, US

It is! I have been taking 2 gas-x after dinner and it is working. How are you doing?

--------------------
IBS~D

#345466 - 05/03/09 06:31 PM
mrae

Well my blood test came back that I have a wheat allergy so I am now eating wheat/gluten free. I go back in a month to see if this way of eating will help and its only been 3 days or so. Still having urgency but havent started back on the Cholystermine and gasx yet. I quit taking Colestipol cause it just wasn't showing any effectiveness.

Re: Finally found the right probiotic new
      #345476 - 05/03/09 08:10 PM
sunny1

Reged: 08/22/07

I've been taking it for a month and noticed that the urgency was gone after probably two weeks. Since I switched from Align to this one, I may have had some carryover effect from it to help ease the transition. My pharmacist ordered it for me from emersonecologics.com. Since I got it through my pharmacist I didn't have to pay for shipping.

Re: Borrelli new
      #345513 - 05/04/09 11:41 AM
Borrelli

Reged: 03/22/09

Hmm, sounds exactly like my ordeal. I will run it by my GI and see what he says, it says the drug is a blood thinner? have you noticed any harsh side effects from taking it? I have tried a number of anti spasmodics and they don't do much and also have this horrible mouth drying effect on me. Basically the last doctor i saw said i would have to use heavy anti-biotics when its really bad and imodium when its somewhat bad. Even though neither of these totally fix my problem there the only things that i have noticed any improvement with.

Thanks for the help.

Quote:

I was going to send you a message but couldn't figure out how. lol
You sound like you are in the same situation that I have been in for a little over 10 months. The diet helped, fiber helped, but nothing totally stopped my D, cramping/pain, urgency, etc...
What finally worked for me is a prescription drug, Choleystramine. It has been a magical cure. I still follow the EFI diet but can now actually eat some of the suggested IF foods when I couldn't before. No D, no urgency, and little to no cramping/pain.
I'm not saying it will be the cure for you, but you may want to talk to your dr. about it and see what he/she thinks.

Re: Borrelli new
      #345521 - 05/04/09 02:12 PM
Pennie

It is actually for people with High Cholesterol but is often given to people with severe D. I have noticed No side effects from taking it. I actually feel really good (for a change). Let me know what your dr. says & feel free to message me if you have any questions.

Quote:

Hmm, sounds exactly like my ordeal. I will run it by my GI and see what he says, it says the drug is a blood thinner? have you noticed any harsh side effects from taking it? I have tried a number of anti spasmodics and they don't do much and also have this horrible mouth drying effect on me. Basically the last doctor i saw said i would have to use heavy anti-biotics when its really bad and imodium when its somewhat bad. Even though neither of these totally fix my problem there the only things that i have noticed any improvement with.

Thanks for the help.

Quote:

I was going to send you a message but couldn't figure out how. lol
You sound like you are in the same situation that I have been in for a little over 10 months. The diet helped, fiber helped, but nothing totally stopped my D, cramping/pain, urgency, etc...
What finally worked for me is a prescription drug, Choleystramine. It has been a magical cure. I still follow the EFI diet but can now actually eat some of the suggested IF foods when I couldn't before. No D, no urgency, and little to no cramping/pain.
I'm not saying it will be the cure for you, but you may want to talk to your dr. about it and see what he/she thinks.

--------------------
IBS~D

Re: Mrae/ Pennie new
      #345522 - 05/04/09 02:14 PM
Pennie

Sorry to hear about your wheat allergy. Hopefully that is what is causing most of your problems and now that you know you can get it under control. Let me know how it works.

Quote:

Well my blood test came back that I have a wheat allergy so I am now eating wheat/gluten free. I go back in a month to see if this way of eating will help and its only been 3 days or so. Still having urgency but havent started back on the Cholystermine and gasx yet. I quit taking Colestipol cause it just wasn't showing any effectiveness.

--------------------
IBS~D

#346531 - 05/29/09 03:04 PM
KatheC

Reged: 04/20/09
Loc: AZ, USA

I found a product called "Culturelle" which has Lactobacillus GG 1000000000 cells. Is this the same as what you take? Does it need refrigerated? Glad to hear someone found something that is working for them! I'm going back on Align, it seemed to help, but wasn't the magic cure, but I think I need to be patient.

#346599 - 05/31/09 03:17 PM
busta

Reged: 05/14/09
Loc: san diego ca

I take ultra flora plus by metagenics dairy free. Is the one you take dairy free? I found metagenics has good products.

#346609 - 05/31/09 06:36 PM
mrae

So are you still seeing relieve with the urgency with the LactoFlamX? Urgency is my only issue and so far nothing as helped. I tried Align and that didn't help so maybe I will give this one a try.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1981 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 7962

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review