All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
constipation again
      #345122 - 04/27/09 12:52 PM
Catgirl

Reged: 01/10/09
Loc: Canada

So I was taking magnesium for my c which was working wonderful but now it stopped working. I take a sfs,follow heathers diet vegan style, do yoga and walk or exercise , eat ginger,fennel and drink mint chamomile fennel tea and lots of water too. I tried Miralax and that helped but then stopped, and so digestive advantage.

I tried one anti deprresant after another, Zelnorm, Amitiza, but they all made me deathly ill.

I tried biofeedback, hypnotheraphy,accupucture, colonics too.

Anyone have any tips please?

Thanks in advance .

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: constipation again new
      #345124 - 04/27/09 01:11 PM
Kappy

Reged: 10/09/08
Loc: Mississippi

Have you tried taking the Miralax daily? I take it and Amitiza daily. It says not to take Miralax consistently for two weeks unless advised by your doctor, and I've been on it for two years and no problems here!

Amitiza is for Idiopathic Chronic Constipation and IBS-C. It's not an antidepressant. Did you try it for a while? The side effects will go away in a few days if you had any. I only had shortness of breath for a few days, and it didn't bother me. Most doctors will agree that the benefits will out-weigh the side effects.

Ask your doctor, but taking Amitiza and Miralax everyday, eating according to the EFI diet, and adding IF to meals helps me to have a BM everyday. Constipation needs the IF to move the food along. Eat some berries for breakfast or an orange, and cook it if you can't handle it whole/raw. Also try to add some IF veggies to meals. Take a bean-o before eating. Start out with green beans, asparagus, peas, corn, etc. and work up to broccoli and onions. They have a lot more sulfur. But you definitely need to add some IF to your diet. SFS alone will not make the constipation go away it just helps to soothe and coat the stomach/intestines so that it won't get upset. (If I had strictly SF for too long, I wouldn't be able to go at all!)

I hope this helps, and I hope you feel better soon.

--------------------
IBS-C, Gas, Bloating, HURTING!

I'm married and it's so wonderful!

#345161 - 04/28/09 06:11 AM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

this happens to me too...a product will initially work and then it stops. So disappointing.

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

Kappy new
      #345171 - 04/28/09 06:38 AM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

Does the miralax cause you to have incomplete "pencil like" stools constantly throughout the day? That's how it works for me, so I stopped it. I wish it would just produce one good solid one!

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

Re: Kappy new
      #345175 - 04/28/09 07:25 AM
Kappy

Reged: 10/09/08
Loc: Mississippi

Well the pencil like stools are just from the constipation trying to work itself out. Give it some time, and you will have 1 well formed stool. When I go (sorry so graphic) it is usually one long one. BUT, when I don't eat right, it will end up being a bunch of small stools.

Hope that helps. Again, sorry so graphic

--------------------
IBS-C, Gas, Bloating, HURTING!

I'm married and it's so wonderful!

#348190 - 07/18/09 08:33 AM
Catgirl

Kappy- Hi there
I've tried every medication for IBS constipation but I get really bad side effects and have to stop taking them. I seem to get really sick from taking prescription drugs. Most of the side effects really kill me.

Now I'm on probiotics which are helping on and off.

Edited by Catgirl (07/18/09 08:34 AM)

#348191 - 07/18/09 08:37 AM
Catgirl

Hi there Jordy

It's nice to know I'm not alone. I can't believe products will work for you and then stop. I 've been taking probiotics that will work one day and then stop for weeks and then work for a day or two. It's so weird. Before that I tried apple cider vinegar which worked for a little over a week and now it has stopped.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1102 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1996

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review