All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Lots of questions!!!
      #344930 - 04/23/09 08:46 PM
Jenna24

Reged: 04/23/09

I have IBS and I am ALWAYS bloated in my lower belly... it never goes away. As the day goes on it gets worse but is never completly flat. I used to be C all week except maybe one day until I started using Align about 5 weeks ago. It is helping with my C but not with my bloating at all. I just purchased the fennel tea on this site but I wanted some recommendations on how long I should steep it for and how many times a day I should be drinking it. I excersie everyday and eat very healthy but this bloating has become a real problem for me.... I would appreciate any help I can get.

Thanks

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Lots of questions!!! new
      #344946 - 04/24/09 09:53 AM
Kappy

Reged: 10/09/08
Loc: Mississippi

Hi there! I too am constantly bloated. When you steep the fennel tea, just leave it in there. I wait until the tea is just cool enough where I can drink it but still very hot. I leave the fennel in the water until I'm through drinking it. This makes for very strong tea.

One MIRACLE HERB that I've found for IBS C with alot of bloating is GINGER!!! If you buy the fresh ginger root, cut a chunk about an inch long or longer. Peel it with a potato peeler then boil it in water and let it steep for a while too. Just as the fennel, I wait until I can drink it still hot and leave it in the mug until I'm through with it.

In my opinion, the ginger is almost better than the fennel. I do like the fennel too. I have also steeped the ginger and fennel teas together, and this is the absolute best. The ginger has kind of a hot spicy flavor, but it covers the fennel flavor enough. I don't particularly like the fennel teas flavor until I've had a few glasses.

Drink it as often as you like. It sounds like you need to drink it all day. I drink a gallon (literally) of water a day, this helps with the constipation, and I at least drink 3-4 glasses of tea.

Before meals, I usually take 2 bean-o. This helps with the bloating caused by gassy veggies and fruits.

My belly is permanently swollen at the bottom of my abdomen, it used to be flat until the bloating and now it has stretched some from it. I can't wear really tight fitting clothes that put pressure on my stomach or it makes it hurt.

I also am a healthy eater and exerciser (even though I haven't been very committed to my exercise lately)Exercise really helps, though, so keep it up.

Ask more questions if you have any more!

Hope that helps!

Kappy

--------------------
IBS-C, Gas, Bloating, HURTING!

I'm married and it's so wonderful!

#344947 - 04/24/09 11:13 AM
Jenna24

Reged: 04/23/09

Thank you for all your adivce. So is it fresh ginger that I should look for? Can i get it from the supermarket? I don't think I've seen it. Do I boil it while I'm boiling the water or just let it steep in the cup once I put the water in it. So you really haven't been able to get rid of your bloating completly? Its so dissapointing because I have such a flat stomach on top and my bottom doesn't even fit with my body. I hope I can figure something out:( sorry for all the questions and thanks for all your help!!!

#344948 - 04/24/09 12:30 PM
Kappy

Yes fresh ginger should be in the veggie section with all the root vegetables. And I like to put the ginger in the water and boil for about 5 minutes to really get the juice out. Also, i put ground ginger spice in everything. In the morning, when I cook oatmeal and/or egg whites, I put ginger in both. It helps from the start, kind of a proactive start to the bloating. Also, i love pickled ginger, like the kind at a sushi bar. You can usually find it in an asian market or in the cold foods. I get the fresh ginger at walmart when they have it.

And, no, the bloating, for me, almost never went away until recently when I found the ginger tea trick! It is my life saver. But my belly is still just stretched out from my belly button down and I have a little pooch. The fiance loves it, but I dont' care for it much .

I hope this helps as well! And like I said, feel free to ask more questions

--------------------

#344950 - 04/24/09 01:14 PM

Unregistered

Hey I drink like 3 or 4,well I think its pints..cuz I think the drinking glass I have was alled pint..So I drink a strong pot of fennel mixed with cammomile tea..some times 1 and a half pots(on my days off) The only time I get other liquids is by cereal with rice milk,or mango banana smoothies with rice milk, about 2 bottles of water,I work 5-11pm 5 days a week. Oh sometimes I drink some orange juice,is that alot of IF?

#344952 - 04/24/09 02:13 PM
Kappy

I'm not sure about the O.J. I am pretty sure it is IF, but I don't want to tell you wrong.

--------------------

#344953 - 04/24/09 02:15 PM
butterbean

Reged: 01/25/09
Loc: California

I would venture to say OJ is IF since oranges are IF.

--------------------
IBS-D, GAD (general anxiety disorder), Major Recurrent Depression, GERD (gastric reflux disease), Hiatal Hernia, PTSD

#344955 - 04/24/09 02:18 PM
Kappy

Definitely a good observation! I wanted to say the same thing, but it's like high school where you don't want to say cause you might seem dumb and all the other kids laugh at you. Sorry, bad highschool, it was traumatizing.

--------------------

Too many pretzels?
      #344997 - 04/25/09 12:11 PM

Unregistered

Can eating lots of pretzels cause problems? like how theirs vegtable oil and canola oil in them? too much IF?

Re: Too many pretzels?kappy
      #345023 - 04/25/09 09:40 PM

Unregistered

what do you think? also,here is my myspace if u want to see it? http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=464755123

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 4332 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4221

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review