All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Re: Please help ! Unbalanced Diet ? new
      #344586 - 04/16/09 09:00 AM
vettech

Reged: 06/08/08
Loc: ME

I have an MS in Nutrition which you'd think would be helpful in this situation but it has actually served as my biggest mental block against getting my IBS under control. For years I was torn between what I thought I "should" be eating and what I knew was "safe" for me. Over the last year or so I've finally started to deal with this by realizing that when it comes to IBS, the "normal" rules don't apply.

After many years of experimentation, the only fruits and veggies I can take more than 1 bite of are: bananas, pineapple, carrots (cooked only), sweet potato, squash...probably a few others that are escaping me now. The vast majority are totally off limits, no matter what I try. I just make sure to take my vitamins and not to eat a lot of overly-processed foods so everything I do eat has as much nutrition as possible. I don't know if it's enough, but it's the best I can do.

--------------------
IBS-A and GERD since 1983
Low FODMAP since 2012

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

vettech ....vitamins new
      #344594 - 04/16/09 09:35 AM
Rebecca1013

Reged: 04/05/09
Loc: Catasauqua Pennsylvania

I had stopped taking my vitamins for fear they may be causing discomfort, what kind of vitamins do you take tha are "safe?"

Re: vettech ....vitamins new
      #344604 - 04/16/09 12:14 PM
vettech

Reged: 06/08/08
Loc: ME

Don't laugh - the only multi I can take are Flintstones. (I think there is only one variety that doesn't have artificial sweetener in it, so read the label carefully!) I also take calcium/magnesium and vitamin D.

--------------------
IBS-A and GERD since 1983
Low FODMAP since 2012

Re: vettech ....vitamins new
      #344609 - 04/16/09 01:02 PM
Rebecca1013

Reged: 04/05/09
Loc: Catasauqua Pennsylvania

Nope I won't laugh at all!! That works to my advantage I have a cabinet full...my son takes them

This is very helpful, Rebecca! new
      #345040 - 04/26/09 09:14 AM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

Thank you for sharing this! Do you eat the skin on the potato? I do. I think it helps. I eat it on both baked potato and sweet potato!

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

Re: Please help ! Unbalanced Diet ? new
      #345220 - 04/28/09 05:22 PM

Unregistered

This has been very helpful for me to see what other people are eating. I also am C with extreme bloating. Nothing fits right now and I have been trying to drop weight but as soon as I think I have something that works I end up C and very frustrated. I have lost and relost the same six pounds all month!

I fight feeling like I am not eating a balanced healthy diet. The white flour and white breads bug me, but they also work. How can that be?
When you make your morning smoothie, is the raw egg white a problem since it is not cooked? Your smoothie sounds good, thanks for sharing it.

I find myself so frustrated lately that I dont think I am moving ahead in a positive way. Thanks for sharing what works for you. I will give it a try.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 4429 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4204

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review