All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Thorne Research products?
      #344480 - 04/14/09 01:31 PM
Borrelli

Reged: 03/22/09

Has anyone tried any of the GI products by Thorne Research? Someone from the ibsgroup forums posted a message that after 20 years of ibs-d they tried the "perma-clear" and "GI Encap" products and have pretty much been cured. Heres the link http://www.ibsgroup.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=98625 Im interested in hearing if anyone else has experience with this company before dropping $100.00.

Thanks.

Edited by Borrelli (04/14/09 01:46 PM)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Thorne Research products? new
      #344534 - 04/15/09 12:27 PM
mrae

Reged: 02/05/09
Loc: California

I have never heard of these products but would be very interested in knowing someone that has tried them. I am IBS-D and am looking for something that will work. I know the slippery elm and L-Glutemine thats in the products are suppose to help with D. I will try to find out some info ont these and let you know.If you try them let me know how they work for you.

#344551 - 04/15/09 03:48 PM
Borrelli

Thanks for the reply. It seems no-one else here has used them.

I just ended up ordering both products last night and will see how they work. I've been taking slippery elm for the past few days but haven't noticed much difference. I've been taking everything thats recommended for IBS including changing my diet and im still f'ed up!

I'll let you guys know what happens after i start taking these supliments.

Edited by Borrelli (04/15/09 03:50 PM)

#344553 - 04/15/09 04:29 PM
mrae

Though I have never used slippery elm it is on my list of things to try. Seems like a never ending list of things that just don't work.Definately let me know how this works for you. Maybe I will try it to. I hear you when you say fed up. I have just about given up on even thinking I will ever get this under control.

#344779 - 04/21/09 11:29 AM
KatheC

Reged: 04/20/09
Loc: AZ, USA

Borrelli, Is the perma clear still working? Did you combine both the perma-clear and GI Encap?

#344875 - 04/23/09 08:31 AM
mrae

So have you started taking these products yet? How have they been doing for you?

#344909 - 04/23/09 05:58 PM
Borrelli

Quote:

So have you started taking these products yet? How have they been doing for you?

Yep, I've been taking them for the past 4 or 5 days and havent noticed any drastic changes. Im still all screwed up with cramps, gas, urgency and occasionally pain. On another note i found a doctor who will most likely be prescribing me Lotronex, so i will see how that works since I've pretty much exhausted all other options. Im really sick of this whole process. I wouldn't mind if i was sick for a month or two and then normal for the rest of the year but this current bout is going on 7 months and im just pissed off now.

Edited by Borrelli (04/23/09 06:00 PM)

#344912 - 04/23/09 06:45 PM
KatheC

Reged: 04/20/09
Loc: AZ, USA

Are you doing a different diet too? Do you eliminate any types of foods? There is another program called Ultra Clear, that I thought about trying. It has the first 6 days with no sugars, artifical anything, cafeine, gluten free, meat, eggs and dairy and then progressing to second week? My husband wants me to do this diet and take the powder's but not a whole lot of food choices that first week, beans, gluten free pasta, cabbage, and other veges. It's like an elimination diet and then slowly add things to see how your system responds... The powders are pretty pricey so haven't commited to him yet, I'm trying Align first to see if I feel better. So far, not working too well, but I'm only three days into the Align...

#344922 - 04/23/09 07:32 PM
mrae

Well I am sorry to hear you havent noticed a change with them yet but it is still early. Lotronex now I think I have heard of that is it hard to get? Is is strictly for IBS-D? I hope you find relieve in it.

Re: Thorne Research products? KathyC
      #344923 - 04/23/09 07:34 PM
mrae

I started taking Align and am on my 7th day. I haven't seen any dramatic changes but I am going to give it a full month before I decide. I have notice some weird gas and stomach feelings though. They are not bothersome but just kinda weird. Hope this works for you.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 802 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5046

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review