All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Eating during an attack
      #344371 - 04/10/09 09:43 PM
drunnero

Reged: 04/10/09

I've been dealing with IBS for about 3 years now, I've been using peppermint teas. Just got turned on to Fennel Tea. It's working great as I'm in the middle of an IBS C attack now. I'm wondering what others actually eat during an attack?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Eating during an attack new
      #344412 - 04/13/09 07:15 AM
Kappy

Reged: 10/09/08
Loc: Mississippi

Hi there!

Bananas, oatmeal, brown rice, sweet potatoes, low fat saltines, low fat/sodium chicken broth, rice or corn chex cereal, lots of pep/fennel/ginger tea!

You want mostly things that are easy to digest and easy on the tummy. Ginger helps me to de-bloat when I get an "attack". I've been cutting off about an inch chunk of ginger and boiling it in water then letting it steep for a few and add some peppermint tea bags. This helps greatly for pain, bloating, and spasms.

HTH

--------------------
IBS-C, Gas, Bloating, HURTING!

I'm married and it's so wonderful!

#344455 - 04/14/09 08:46 AM
frustrated nicole

Hi,

I am curious what you (everyone) means when they say they are having an IBS attack? I have IBS-C and am constantly bloated and constipated. Do you consider these symptoms an attack or do you experience other symptoms?

Thanks!

#344456 - 04/14/09 08:47 AM
Rebecca1013

Reged: 04/05/09
Loc: Catasauqua Pennsylvania

Hey Nicole I'm with you girlfriend I was confused about that as well...seems if I stray from the guidelines I am in attack mode 24/7 .....

#344457 - 04/14/09 08:50 AM
Kappy

Hey, ladies! Yes, an "attack" is anything related to your IBS. Constipation and/or diarrhea, bloating, distention, flatulence, severe pain, colon spasms, nausea. That's what I would consider an attack. I get them all the time, and some times, they last a couple of days, sometimes a couple of hours.

Hope that clears up some confusion!

--------------------

#344478 - 04/14/09 12:57 PM
Zara

Reged: 06/07/06

I'm also IBS-C and to me an attack is that burning stabbing pain that feels like someone's ripping my guts out. It can last for between half an hour to a few hours. After that I'm usually bloated for 2-3 days and have the regular pain, but not the "attack" pain. I'm always bloated to some degree.
I don't eat anything during an attack because it's just so painful.

--------------------
IBS-C, bloating, cramps
pregnant

#344481 - 04/14/09 01:33 PM
Kappy

You hit the nail on the head!!!!!!

--------------------

#344542 - 04/15/09 01:43 PM
drunnero

That is what I'm referring to. I tend to get all of those symptoms for 2 days. Then I have at least a day of begin bloated and the furthermost thing in my mind is eating.I usually will have some chicken broth but I was interested in what other people do during these periods Especially in regards to eating. Thanks All!!

#346617 - 05/31/09 09:26 PM

Unregistered

that means my attacks are 24/7,I never feel empty or normal.

#346682 - 06/01/09 08:18 PM
KatheC

Reged: 04/20/09
Loc: AZ, USA

My "attacks" begin with gas pains, bad gurgling pains. It then proceeds to give me hot flashes and then going to the restroom with diareah and cramping until I empty. I usually feel hot and nausious while emptying my colon and sometimes I feel like I'm going to pass out. I can also get a back ache prior to the "attack." Once I'm empty I usually feel okay, but worn out from the "attack". I get them by eating the wrong foods or stressed and at the most inappropriate times (out in public). These come a couple times a month, during my period, and when I'm not having an attack, I usually feel fine. Never knowing when the next attack will hit. It's probably my diet and lack of soluble fiber. Depending on how bad the attack is, I can eat normal within an hour from the attack.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 3100 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3681

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review