All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
HELP= just diagnosed w/ a fistula
      #343494 - 03/20/09 01:40 PM
jenny833

Reged: 11/05/05

has to be surgically removed, my concern is that it will come back and i will have to keep having the surgery over and over.

the reason why i'm concerned is because i also have a fissure and abnormal bowel function due to IBS. I suffer from constipation, hard stools and irregular gut motility- i have tried everything under the sun to remedy this problem but i still have difficulty having a bowel movement. fiber, supplements, etc.

Also this surgery may be painful and my system cant tolerate any medications, so i will have to deal with bad pain

id appreciate some feedback

Edited by jenny833 (03/20/09 01:59 PM)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: HELP= just diagnosed w/ a fistula new
      #343499 - 03/20/09 10:09 PM
Aspen8

Reged: 03/20/09

Jenny, I'm sorry, I don't have any feedback or advice for you. I don't know anything about the subject at all. I just saw that something like 22 people had read your post without responding and I didn't want to be number 23. All I can offer is sympathy and support but you have that for sure. I hope you're able to find the information you need and I hope your surgery goes well.

#343869 - 03/30/09 07:54 PM
jenny833

Reged: 11/05/05

bump

#344011 - 04/03/09 01:24 PM
Clifton

Reged: 12/11/08

A fistula had better be removed. I had one and it was quite frustrating such that even passing gas would cause soiling and leakage. So it is better to remove that.

If you know the reason why it was caused, you will not get it again. In my case it was a heat boil in anus for which I did not take anti-biotics.

About your other complaints all I can say is eat more fruits & veggies and have plenty of fluids.

The surgery as such is not painful since they give a spinal GA. After the op sitz bath has to be carried out for some time.

Be confident and everything will be OK. Don't worry – medical science has advanced a lot.

- Clifton
---------------------
IBS-D with gas (Operated for fistulla 20 years before )

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 5438 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1354

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review