All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Soy hot chocolate in cafes
      #343370 - 03/17/09 01:14 PM
CharlotteMiranda

Reged: 06/02/05
Loc: Berlin, Germany

Cafes often offer soy versions of their drinks, but i'm cautious about ordering hot chocolate as i suspect there might be milk in the powder itself - but perhaps it's too small an amount to matter. Has anyone else tried it?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Soy hot chocolate in cafes new
      #343376 - 03/17/09 03:15 PM
osbo54

Reged: 09/04/08

The cafe I go to to do some writing, offers soy hot chocolate. However, it is not a powder they use (and believe me, I have grilled them on this), but a chocolate syrup. Now, you know good and darned well there is HFCS in that syrup, so I specify, one pump only. They usually put 4 or 5 pumps in a standard cup. It has never given me any problems, whatsoever, and it is a real treat for me.

I don't know about the powder. I would bet it probably has some milk in it.

#343395 - 03/18/09 03:59 AM
Fen

Reged: 03/01/08
Loc: Central NY

I know it's not the same as going out, but you can make your own. My grocery store offers one or two brands of hot chocolate mix that do not contain any dairy.

--------------------
IBS-C

#343401 - 03/18/09 08:05 AM
Kappy

Reged: 10/09/08
Loc: Mississippi

My future mother in law just gave us a whole tin of assorted hot cocoas. I was so excited cause I love hot chocolate. There were all kinds of flavors: Chocolate and english toffee, chocolate truffle, chocolate raspberry, dark chocolate, and a few others. I got to reading the ingredients, guess what was in it...... of course our enemy, Mr. Milk. I was so frustrated. Especially when the fiance can sit there and drink all he wants and I have to watch and just smell it. And it smells so good! anyway, I got over it! I just got some Green & Black's organic all natural 85% cocoa dark chocolate. It doesn't bother me, but I heated some in the microwave and added it to some almond milk, ooh I thought I was being so bad! It was so good! Just had to vent

--------------------
IBS-C, Gas, Bloating, HURTING!

I'm married and it's so wonderful!

#343414 - 03/18/09 02:26 PM
CharlotteMiranda

Reged: 06/02/05
Loc: Berlin, Germany

Hey, thanks for your replies. That Green and Blacks with almond milk sounds so good! I guess i should just ask individual cafes what exactly they use - that's a good idea about asking for just one pump if it's a syrup. A test of my German skills! Recently i was able to order just a cup of hot frothy soya milk which was yummy. It's just nice to order something other than herbal tea for a change - especially peppermint, as i drink that all the time at home anyway and don't have to pay 2 euros for it...

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 685 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1480

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review