All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
sorry, but I need to rant again!
      #343109 - 03/10/09 07:18 PM
Jenny B

Reged: 03/27/07
Loc: Montana

So back to the internist doctor today who just does not understand the IBS diet. He was telling me that I shouldn't omit all dairy from my diet, because I could be lacking calcium and protein. Though I disagree! I drink Silk Soy Milk which is fortified with calcium, vitamin d and protein. He told me I should also take a Lactaid pill so that I could tolerate dairy...but I really don't want to eat dairy!! I honestly enjoy all the foods on the IBS diet much more than the foods I used to eat, when I was sick all the time!

Grr...doctors make me so angry sometimes, they just don't understand, thank goodness I found this site and we can all support each other when the medical industry will not. I am just so frustrated after today, poked twice with a needle to draw blood to test again for the Celiac and some other hormone functions, and the doctor just has no sympathy. I told my Mom I've had all I can take, I want a female doctor!

Okay, I'll stop ranting and raving now, I hate to complain because I really have much to be thankful, but somedays it just feels like too much and I again wonder why IBS has to effect so many of us.

Take care everyone, let's hope for spring!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: sorry, but I need to rant again! new
      #343121 - 03/11/09 07:39 AM
osbo54

Reged: 09/04/08

Jenny,
I can understand your frustration with doctors...I will only go if I am pretty much dying.

Sometimes, you have to go with your gut and what is right for you. After all, you are the "expert" on you. You can get your calcium from other sources. You don't need dairy. Milk is for calves, not humans. When are doctors going to get that?

Lynn

Re: sorry, but I need to rant again! new
      #343146 - 03/11/09 04:48 PM
Janey

Reged: 10/25/03
Loc: Maryland

Jenny,

I'm sorry you were having such a bad day. Docs can be frustrating at times. If you don't like that one I would keep looking for someone that you feel comfortable with. I always go with female docs now if possible.

My Family Practice doc actually asked me to bring Heathers book to an appt. and she wrote down the website. There are docs out there that are open minded about IBS treatments. You just need to find the right fit for you.

Good luck!

--------------------
Janey

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 971 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 756

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review