All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
are these symptoms typical?
      #342606 - 02/25/09 04:58 PM
SarahW

Reged: 02/22/09

I went to the my doctor a year ago regarding my concerns that I may have IBS. I will be straight up honest, my doctor does not have a great reputation for being concerned for her patients and shes a pill pusher. I live in a small town, so finding another doctor, particulairly in Ontario, is slim to none. Basically, she brushed me off and said I had a parasite, gave me pills and said good luck. I took the pills a year ago and I'm still feeling the same; like crap.

I have the typical ibs symptoms, abdominal cramps, diarreah/constipation, constant gas and bloat. However, heres where mine is differnt. For the past 4 years, every 2 or 3 months, I will wake up nauseous and vomit. This usually happens around 3 am.

I have not seen vomiting as a symptom for ibs, other than from extreme pain, so this concerns me. I have no idea if I have a food allergy, as this could also be the culprit.

I would like to have an Ig test done to see what I may be allergic to (food wise) but that test costs approx $200. I know no one here is a doctor, and I'm best to just see mine again (if she'll listen). Just wondering if anyone else vomits from time to time?

I've just started to keep a food journal and so far the only thing I can eat that doesnt cause cramping is rice, fish, hummus,crackers and applesauce.

--------------------
IBS-A

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: are these symptoms typical? new
      #342607 - 02/25/09 05:32 PM
mcem222

Reged: 12/21/08

unless you're pregnant, those symptoms do not sound like IBS...you should really consult a medical professional

#342608 - 02/25/09 05:37 PM
SarahW

Reged: 02/22/09

definatly not preggo. Its just frustrating that my doctor thinks nothing of it, so shes no help

--------------------
IBS-A

#342609 - 02/25/09 05:43 PM
mcem222

Reged: 12/21/08

maybe you should see a GI doctor then. For me, my doctor did nothing for my IBS, so I saw a gastroenterologist.

#342640 - 02/26/09 01:49 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

When I first read your post I was worried about cancer,
Quote:

I have the typical ibs symptoms, abdominal cramps, diarreah/constipation, constant gas and bloat. However, heres where mine is differnt. For the past 4 years, every 2 or 3 months, I will wake up nauseous and vomit. This usually happens around 3 am.

but being it has been 4 years and it only happens a few times a year, it is probably IBS with something else as well. I have sudden nausea about once a year (in the garage once, when cleaning the kitchen once and I threw up tuna about a year ago). It isn't necessarily IBS, but may be some other sensitivity. It is advised to go to a GI doctor, get the tests and rule out something else. At that point doctors can be rather useless when it comes to IBS, and education, diet and lifestyle are the best bets.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 507 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1438

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review