All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
going through a bad patch!HELP!
      #342526 - 02/24/09 02:00 AM
som

Reged: 03/19/08

hi i've had ibs-d for bout two and a half years.i've been dealing with it and last six months were very good all of a sudden the past week i have been getting the worst stomach cramps they literally have me doubled over crying.it's been over a week and i'm still not settled i have strictly been following diet for last 3 days.for instance i just had some sourdough toast with marmalade and now im in serious pain and have ran to the loo twice!.i wake up every night with the pain it's very upsetting and i would really love to hear some advice.i went to my doc she gave me buscopan which did nothing as usual!i look forward to hearing from someone!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: going through a bad patch!HELP! new
      #342529 - 02/24/09 04:19 AM
Syl

Reged: 03/13/05
Loc: SK, CANADA

Please post in detail the meals and snacks you have eaten for the past 2-3 days. What are the ingredients in the marmalade?

--------------------
STABLE: ♂, IBS-D 50+ years - Science of IBS

The FODMAP Approach to Managing IBS Symptoms
Evidence-based Dietary Management of Functional GI Symptoms: The FODMAP Approach
FODMAP Chart & Cheatsheet
The Role of Food & Dietary Intervention in IBS

#342566 - 02/24/09 02:30 PM
som

homemade marmalade sugar water oranges and lemon.i have been eating dry sourdough for breakfast.plain rice cakes,boiled rice or pasta for lunch and plain boiled potatoes mashed with turnips and a tiny bit of oven baked chicken.all day drinking pep tea and i take the tummy fiber too.i eat a banana during the day too.i actually get the cramps throughout the day even when i haven't eaten.

#342567 - 02/24/09 02:46 PM
Syl

Reged: 03/13/05
Loc: SK, CANADA

Everything but the rice cakes looks good. Many people on the board have problems with some kinds of rice cakes. I know I do. Also, I would have problems with the pieces of orange and lemon in the marmalade and the turnips too.

--------------------
STABLE: ♂, IBS-D 50+ years - Science of IBS

The FODMAP Approach to Managing IBS Symptoms
Evidence-based Dietary Management of Functional GI Symptoms: The FODMAP Approach
FODMAP Chart & Cheatsheet
The Role of Food & Dietary Intervention in IBS

#342581 - 02/25/09 04:10 AM
som

thats great i'll give the rice cakes a miss today slight improvement today i had oats for breakfast ate it really slowly seems good considering the terrible sleep i had!thanks for your help

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2881 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1698

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review