All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
help ;sourcing snacks
      #342126 - 02/15/09 05:03 AM
susieoli

Reged: 02/15/09

hi !i have read the 'help for ibs 'book & its great,ive made some of the recipies and love the banana bread!!!my problem is that i cant source any of the snacks!!rice chex ,baked corn chips (helth food store ones are fried)etc etc!its awful as im pretty good at keeping up the diet but when i go home after work i ruin it with the wrong snacks !!!i seen on a post it said Safe Bread/Rolls
- Peanut Butter Roll-Ups (soft tortilla with 1 tsp peanut butter, rolled up)
but in book peanuts are a trigger food???
i know i can have some fruits as snacks but i feel im missing out on snacks i cant source in Ireland,if i read ingredients of snacks in my local health store what should i look for?besides 'no hydrogenated fats'???please help !!!!anyone!!!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: help ;sourcing snacks new
      #342473 - 02/21/09 08:46 PM
Meower55

Reged: 06/24/08
Loc: Beaverton, Oregon

Welcome to the Boards!

I think the general idea is to have a snack with high protein (the peanut butter) and soluble fiber. The SF cushions the colon from the effects of the peanut butter, if I understand correctly.

Heather's posted a list at the front of this board: "Brand Name Recommendations for IBS-Safe Foods" 11/09/04 02:49 PM. It has USA foods at the top and UK foods farther down; maybe you would have access to them in Ireland?

Best wishes!

--------------------
Nancy

Re: help ;sourcing snacks new
      #342602 - 02/25/09 03:07 PM
som

Reged: 03/19/08

hi i live in Ireland too and have wanted to make that pizza snack mix too but i'm at a loss too maybe we could compare brand notes etc like do u have good soy cheese in yourarea?

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 5201 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 928

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review