All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
weight watchers
      #341759 - 02/06/09 04:31 PM
carol1968

Reged: 08/08/08
Loc: cornwall ontario,canada

Is anyone on the weight watchers diet . I want to go on it but it seems like we can't eat alot of the foods they recommened. i need to follow the I B S diet closely or i have flare ups... but i really want to go on the ww deit... any food suggestions would be appreciated thanks carol

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: weight watchers new
      #341766 - 02/06/09 07:08 PM
momtodavis

Reged: 02/01/09
Loc: Longmont, CO

I belonged to WW for many years until the past 6 months when IBS struck me hard. I found that it was very hard to follow. I would just stick to what is safe, measure out portions, and get exercise.
If you really want to do WW I would have a one-on-one consultation with a leader about it.
Good Luck

--------------------
IBS-d, Lacotse Intolerant, bloated and gassy all the time

Re: weight watchers new
      #341784 - 02/07/09 07:01 AM
Snorkie

Reged: 02/15/05
Loc: Northern Illinois, USA

I am a Lifetime member of Weight Watchers. When I was in full flare with my IBS, I was still able to follow it with their points program. They've gotten rid of the Core program and are now back to points only, calling it Momentum.

Basically, for me, it was just learning to eat smart. I would say go to a meeting to learn more about their program. It can work with the IBS diet pretty easily.

try a board search new
      #341804 - 02/07/09 05:40 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

Many people in the past have been on it and done ok. Some have posted recipes they got from WW. You have to avoid the WW products- all have crap in them and ingredient lists as long as the phonebook. But you can follow the point system just fine, I understand.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2405 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1121

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review