All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
IBS is really just SO frustrating!
      #341703 - 02/05/09 01:05 PM
Kteach84

Reged: 03/31/08
Loc: MA

Ok here is the thing- I'm great at sticking to the diet. But yet, I am still always bloated and out of no where I will have problems. Today for example I ate NOTHING different than usual but my stomach has been bothering me all day. Yesterday I had a bit of d that came from (you guessed it NOTHING) and today I just went to walk on the treadmill because often that helps me. All of a sudden while walking I got extremely bloated and in pain so I had to stop. WHAT? I can handle the diet, thats fine, but I need it to actually work. I haven't eaten out since last weekend so I didn't eat anything that I didn't know what was in it or anything like that.
So annoying...just had to vent.

--------------------
I am training for a Sprint Triathlon- Check out my Blog!
http://redsoxcap.blogspot.com/

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: IBS is really just SO frustrating! new
      #341712 - 02/05/09 02:35 PM
Jenny B

Reged: 03/27/07
Loc: Montana

I hear ya sister!! I had to go to the doctor yesterday because I have had some strange sinus infection, though today they tell me I don't truly have one. But that's besides the point. I of course had to go through medical history at the appointment and when IBS came up my Mom mentioned that I know a lot more about IBS then most people. The doctor than asked "Why's that?" in that arrogant tone that only doctors get and I had to explain that because I live it everyday and follow a strict diet I am able to stay stable for the most part. He asked if I take any of the drugs available for it and of course I don't, I only take Acacia. But of course he seemed annoyed at that because it is a "natural" product in his mind which he obviously doesn't belive in.

So, that is my IBS frustration, and I understand how you feel about following the diet but still having bad days, I still get them too and who knows why, I just try my hardest not to let it get me down and if I feel bloated and C, I eat baked potatoe, cooked carrots, fruit and Ezekiel bread, that usually gets things moving again.

Whew...that was a long post for me, but I wanted to vent as well. I hope you are having a good day, you deserve one.

Take care!

Acacia new
      #341717 - 02/05/09 04:48 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

It isn't a 'natural' (homeopathic) product. It is a fiber supplement (fiber without the food) like metamucil or Benefiber. Doctors always recommend those. Don't let doctors belittle you or push you around.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Re: IBS is really just SO frustrating! new
      #341718 - 02/05/09 04:51 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

I have seemingly out of nowhere issues. I wonder if something one regularly eats that isn't quite agreeable just pushes things over the edge once in a while (like before being on the diet and having symptoms here and there but not every minute). Or it could be something you did or a stress issue too. Or water intake could be down etc.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1160 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 925

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review