All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Scared and looking for some help
      #341137 - 01/22/09 08:05 PM
jo37

Reged: 01/22/09
Loc: MI

Hello, I bought heathers cookbook about a year ago and have been taking the acacia fiber for about that long as well. Today I had a IBS flair and with my flairs it starts out with about 2hrs of constipation and then severe diarrhea for the rest of the day, sometimes longer. Iam no longer passing anything but a small amount of blood, does anyone else get this with a flair? I also suffer with IC and Iam also in menopause and the only drug I take is prempro. Can anyone help me in finding out what is going on with my body now? I really do not want to go to the doctor over this, but I might end up having to. It just all really sucks as it seems when I go to the doc, Im always leaving there with something new wrong with me. Any help would be appreciated, thank you for your time.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Scared and looking for some help new
      #341140 - 01/23/09 05:57 AM
Syl

Reged: 03/13/05
Loc: SK, CANADA

I would be helpful if could post the meals and snacks you ate for the 2-3 days before the flare up.

--------------------
STABLE: ♂, IBS-D 50+ years - Science of IBS

The FODMAP Approach to Managing IBS Symptoms
Evidence-based Dietary Management of Functional GI Symptoms: The FODMAP Approach
FODMAP Chart & Cheatsheet
The Role of Food & Dietary Intervention in IBS

#341143 - 01/23/09 06:16 AM
Knewada

Reged: 11/07/05
Loc: Ohio

If the blood is new and have not seen this before, definitely consider talking to your doctor.

If it is bright red, this may be hemorrhoids from straining with C. Since you also have D most of the day, are you wiping a lot? You can rub the area raw to the point of bleeding.

I've done this and now use wet wipes. Cottonel and Platex puts out a good product, or you can pick up your standard baby wipes.

If it is a dark brownish red, then you definitely want to see a doctor.

--------------------
If one end don’t get yah, the other will.

#341147 - 01/23/09 10:02 AM
jo37

Reged: 01/22/09
Loc: MI

Well I keep a diary of everything I eat. Wed I had a choc chip cookie, plain pork roast, corn. I didnt drink my soy milk or take my acacia fiber, and for snack I had a sweet potato with honey and butter. Thurs I was sick, and afterwards I ate hamburger helper mac and cheese(I know not the best thing to eat) and a small serving of choc ice cream that I took my lactaid pill cuz Im lactose intolerant as well. My usual diet is in the AM I drink my glass of choc soy milk with my acacia fiber in it, for lunch Ill have steamed vegs, usually mushrms and zuchini, dinner is usually chick or pork I dont eat alot of red meat, and Ill eat sweet pots, or reg pots, beans, or corn, and sometimes peas. I try to eat alot more vegs and fruit. I stay away from all citrus fruit. Im just afraid that the IBS will morph into IBD or something worse. Is that possible?

#341154 - 01/23/09 12:01 PM
Fen

Reged: 03/01/08
Loc: Central NY

Is this diet typical for you? Because it doesn't follow the EFI principles at all! And any number of the things you ate could have triggered the attack, including the pork, hamburger, butter, cheese, ice cream, or the corn without a SF cushion.

--------------------
IBS-C

#341155 - 01/23/09 12:14 PM
Syl

Reged: 03/13/05
Loc: SK, CANADA

From the description of your diet it doesn't seem like you are following Heather's Eating For IBS (EFI) diet. Dairy, red meat and corn are definitely not in the EFI diet. Also, it does seem like you are eating enough soluble fiber foods with your meals. Perhaps it would be worthwhile reviewing Heather's book and the information on the website. Here is a good place to start.

IBS does not morph into IBD.

Good luck

--------------------
STABLE: ♂, IBS-D 50+ years - Science of IBS

The FODMAP Approach to Managing IBS Symptoms
Evidence-based Dietary Management of Functional GI Symptoms: The FODMAP Approach
FODMAP Chart & Cheatsheet
The Role of Food & Dietary Intervention in IBS

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1572 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2000

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review