All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
If I ever doubted that Align was keeping me stable...
      #340308 - 01/01/09 04:51 AM
vettech

Reged: 06/08/08
Loc: ME

...I don't now!

I've been doing fairly well the last few months; my improvement started after discovering Align. I guess I didn't take the holidays into account enough when placing my last order - yep, I ran out and haven't had any since Mon.

I tried to look on the bright side. This would be a good test to see if I truly still needed it (and who doesn't want to save $30 a month?). Well, last night I had a big ol' D attack, the worst in months - horrible cramping, pain, nausea, etc. I hadn't eaten anything different, so I'm sure it's the lack of Align that's causing my upset. The worst was over fairly quickly, but then I spent the rest of New Years Eve laying around feeling like I got kicked in the gut. I'm going to take it easy today.

All I can say is that Align better get here tomorrow!!

ETA: Just got an email from them saying it shipped yesterday. I ordered it 12/21!! I usually receive it within 10 days, but for them to wait 10 days before even shipping it is inexcusable and I sent them an email telling them so. (Groan) I guess I have longer to suffer than I thought.

--------------------
IBS-A and GERD since 1983
Low FODMAP since 2012

Edited by vettech (01/01/09 06:04 AM)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: If I ever doubted that Align was keeping me stable... new
      #340312 - 01/01/09 06:14 AM
osbo54

Reged: 09/04/08

Hey Vettech,

Did you know that your local pharmacist can get that for you quicker? I call mine up and I have it the very next day. I agree, it seems to be helping me, also.

HTH

Lynn

#340316 - 01/01/09 10:41 AM
Zara

Reged: 06/07/06

I was going to suggest the same as Lynn. I tried Align once and all I had to do was to call my local Target pharmacy, and they ordered it for me and had it ready the next day. Try a few pharmacies. For example, my local grocery store pharmacy wouldn't do it, but Target did.

--------------------
IBS-C, bloating, cramps
pregnant

#340320 - 01/01/09 01:27 PM
vettech

Reged: 06/08/08
Loc: ME

Yeah, I knew that was an option. I never pursued it before because mail order was so easy and, until now, I never had any problem with getting it timely.

I've called a couple of pharmacies and with the holiday and the weekend the soonest I can get it is Mon. That makes a whole week I'll end up going without. Lesson learned - if there's a holiday, make sure to have a spare box!

--------------------
IBS-A and GERD since 1983
Low FODMAP since 2012

#340321 - 01/01/09 01:48 PM

Unregistered

I ordered align a few days before christmas and it only shipped yesterday and there's no mail today I still haven't went to the bathroom at all today and its so unusual for me..I wanted to take a nap so bad but am staying up to see what hapens...and my bf will be over in an hour and a half..I hear rumbling goin on! I hope I don't get sick anymore,threw up all night and once today! I need to make it to work tommorow and at the same time I can't be having bathroom problems at work! ALIGN BETTER GET HERE BY SATURDAY..THEY SAID THEY WERE RUSH SHIPPING ORDERS AT THEIR COST..SO IT SHOULD BE HERE SATURDAY,RIGHT?

Re: If I ever doubted - for a person new
      #340322 - 01/01/09 02:08 PM
osbo54

I don't know where you live, but there is a nasty stomach bug going around with just your symptoms. My neighbors had it and they were sick for 2-3 days. Maybe it is not the Align, but just simply a flu. I can't imagine that being without Align would cause something as serious as vomiting.

Also, why don't you try to order your Align from your local pharmacy. I live way out in the country in MD, near the Susquehanna River, and even my rinky-dink pharmacy can get my Align by the next day. Could you try that?

HTH

Lynn

#340323 - 01/01/09 02:10 PM

Unregistered

yes,I'll try..the pharmacy is closed today..so if I order it on friday,it can be here by saturday?

#340324 - 01/01/09 02:12 PM

Unregistered

could a flu make it so I don't go to the bathroom all day,when usually from when I wake up to about 4pm im going alot?

#340334 - 01/01/09 03:33 PM
osbo54

I don't know about that. I was concerned with the vomiting. That sounds like a bug, but I think you would probably experience more D than C. I am not a doctor, but just kind of guessing on this. Hope you feel better soon.

Lynn

#340378 - 01/02/09 01:34 PM

Unregistered

I had 2 bm's and the third was diarreah..maybe its the align? I noticed withint 15 minutes or half hour after diarreah I was throwing up! I threw up once yesterday.I thought I was getting better despite wanting to take a nap and feeling hor or cold a little bit.
I am wondering If it was something I ate last week or this week? I did binge on walnuts,pecans,brazillian nuts..some of the nuts had cinamon and sugar,while one was covered with crandberry and artificial sweetner..Or perhaps a combination of the flu with no align?

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2708 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5993

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review