All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Roobios Teas
      #340217 - 12/30/08 11:04 AM
Kappy

Reged: 10/09/08
Loc: Mississippi

There is a specialty shop here in town that carries these wonderful teas called "Be Well Red Teas". All of the Herbal teas are naturally caffeine free and delicious! There are all kinds of flavors and they contain Roobios that is a good antioxidant. I use one that is called "Get Clean" when I'm feeling crumby, it's supposed to kind of act as a detox when you eat too much good stuff. It's not a laxative or a stimulant it just helps with digestion. (I also use a bunch of different flavors like Cinnamon and Cardamon and Desert Sage) All of the teas are excellent. A few of them have some caffeine but every canister has a caffeine meter on the side so you'll know how much is in it. I like to brew the small tea bags with my peppermint or fennel tea to add some flavor, and a hot glass is very relaxing! I hope you all will try them if you can find them in your area! It's made by the Republic of Teas. Ohhhh so good!

--------------------
IBS-C, Gas, Bloating, HURTING!

I'm married and it's so wonderful!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Roobios Teas new
      #340219 - 12/30/08 11:14 AM

Unregistered

I want some. Can you buy them online? Anyone know how to brew heather's tea, or any loose teas better than a tea ball or cofee maker? Anyone own a thing like the glass one in the picture with heather's fennel tea?

#340223 - 12/30/08 11:59 AM
Kappy

Here is the web page . I hope that helps! I use an infuser ball, wire mesh ball that holds the loose tea. I put it in boiling water, sorry, no special pitchers, wish I did though!

--------------------

#340224 - 12/30/08 12:16 PM
Kappy

They also have beautiful tea pots for brewing your tea.

--------------------

#340233 - 12/30/08 02:28 PM
dragonfly

Reged: 05/12/08
Loc: canada

Where are you from? In Canada Sobeys carries INtaba teas of Africa which are red tea too. It tastes almost like reg tea.It's the only kind i can drink right now

--------------------
IBS-D since 1999...mostly stable..i do cheat too.Bad me.

#340234 - 12/30/08 02:41 PM
Kappy

I am from the great and wonderful state of Mississippi. This is the website where I ordered some today web page . I usually get them from a store in town, but it's cheaper on the website! I love tea! I have a big cup of almond, cardamon, and cinnamon tea right now!

--------------------

#340235 - 12/30/08 02:55 PM
Runs No Fun

Reged: 12/02/08
Loc: Long Island, NY

How does the "Get Clean" tea taste? I think I'd like to try it if it's "drinkable".

--------------------
Saul (IBS - D)

#340257 - 12/31/08 06:35 AM
Kappy

It has an almond essence to it. It's really good brewed with the peppermint or fennel tea. It actually cuts the taste of the fennel so its' not so, so, so, so much like castor oil!?? ha aha

--------------------

IF in the teas? new
      #340264 - 12/31/08 08:16 AM

Unregistered

I was wondering if the teas you drink have IF or if drinking alot of them can cause problems? what all do u drink?

Do you know how this works? http://www.republicoftea.com/templates/detail.asp?navID=1450

Do you set it in a cup then dump hot water in?

Re: IF in the teas? new
      #340265 - 12/31/08 08:41 AM
Kappy

There are no calories in tea, so there is no IF in tea. Peppermint and Fennel tea don't have fiber in them either. There is no caloric information or nutritional information except they are good for you. Antioxidants are good for digestion. I drink ALOT of tea! 1/2 of my 128oz of water a day comes from tea, most of the time, unless I'm hunting or fishing or away from a microwave/stove. I drink all kinds as well. I like the Cardamon Cinnamon, Get Lost, Get Clean, Get it Going, Get Happy, Desert Sage, J Garcia Teas, Orange Ginger Mint, Lemon Wintergreen (I'm sure there are more) and I used to drink the black teas, but they have a slight bit of caffeine (about 1/2 of cup of coffee) I drank one on accident the other day, I could tell cause I had more energy and that "caffeine rush" but it didn't seem to bother my stomach, just made me have an immediate BM. I don't suggest the ones with caffeine, only get the HERBAL teas they are naturally caffeine free.

Put the loose tea in the infuser then set the whole basket down in your cup then pour the boiling water over it. When you pull it out all the water will sift back into your cup and the tea will stay in the infuser.

--------------------

#340269 - 12/31/08 09:13 AM

Unregistered

oh ok,I was thinking maybe the diffuser wasn't for cups but to put in a teapot? well since u said its to set in a cup,then I may buy it sometime,I'm about in the -$50 right now..so that website u gave me,republic of tea has those teas?

#340272 - 12/31/08 09:26 AM
Kappy

Yes ma'am, you can purchase them online and the s&h is not too bad! I ordered some more teas, a teapot, and some mugs yesterday for $51.something.

--------------------

Kappy,theres no "get clean" u mean this one? new
      #341081 - 01/21/09 09:45 AM

Unregistered

http://www.republicoftea.com/templates/detail.asp?navID=1564

oops,found it,st.johns wort in tea.. question..take birtch control.. new
      #341083 - 01/21/09 10:05 AM

Unregistered

http://www.republicoftea.com/templates/detail.asp?navID=2085

I someone said st.johns wort can affect bc,I can't remember how..but theres st.johns in that tea I want to buy.. Do u think drinking that tea would be bad?

Teas.. new
      #341087 - 01/21/09 10:39 AM
Knewada

Reged: 11/07/05
Loc: Ohio

http://www.stashtea.com/ web page

This is a good place to find loose teas. Never had any problems with their blends. Prices are about average.

The wintermint and licorice spice is good. The licorice helps sooth the acid reflux.

--------------------
If one end don’t get yah, the other will.

bad idea,nvm.. new
      #341088 - 01/21/09 10:56 AM

Unregistered

I looked up st.johns wort..don't want it to affect effectivness of my bc pill..and side effects"St John's wort is generally well tolerated, with an adverse effect profile similar to placebo.[32] The most common adverse effects reported are gastrointestinal symptoms, dizziness, confusion, tiredness and sedation.[33] Hair loss has also been noted." Don't want to take a chance http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St_John's_Wort

Re: bad idea,nvm.. new
      #341089 - 01/21/09 11:00 AM
dragonfly

I take it to help with anxiety and have no side effects but it does interfere with bc and its effectiveness,Do not take it.

--------------------

kappy,dragonfly,I bought get relieft,get growing,get gorgeous,question new
      #341111 - 01/22/09 08:29 AM

Unregistered

get relief
get growing
get gorgeous ordered this from the republic of tea.NOthing in those teas would affect bc,right?

Re: kappy,dragonfly,I bought get relieft,get growing,get gorgeous,question new
      #341117 - 01/22/09 12:10 PM
dragonfly

Don't know the ingredients.

--------------------

Re: kappy,dragonfly,I bought get relieft,get growing,get gorgeous,question new
      #341119 - 01/22/09 12:41 PM

Unregistered

they're listed on the website..but here..
get relief- Rooibos (leaf), Cinnamon (bark), Anise (seed), Peppermint (leaf), Stevia (leaf), Natural Cinnamon Flavor.

get growing Organic Rooibos (leaf), Peppermint (leaf), Horsetail (aerial parts), Stinging Nettle (aerial parts), Oatstraw, Black Limon.

get gorgeous
Rooibos (leaf), Orange (peel), Hibiscus (flower), Chamomile (flower), Red Clover (flower) Chaste Berry (fruit), Burdock (root), Natural Pomegranate Flavor.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 4528 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 8302

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review