All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
That feeling...
      #340033 - 12/26/08 11:23 AM
Jason63

Reged: 10/14/08

Hi all I'm back with another embarrasing question living in the wonderful world of IBS. I'm IBS-D, but for the most part I'm pretty stable thanks to Heather's IBS guidelines. My only other IBS symptoms are abdominal cramping and a feeling like I have "to go" usually most of the time felt in a seated position. I wouldn't call this feeling urgency since when I feel it I don't have to run to the bathroom in a few seconds. I asked my proctologist about this and she says it's IBS related. I was wondering if anyone else suffers from this annoying feeling and was wondering what they've done to alleviate it. Outside of mentally trying to ignore it I'm at a loss.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: That feeling... new
      #340040 - 12/26/08 01:43 PM
glasgowgirl

Reged: 09/01/08
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

I had this - like a vague feeling of needing to go. I eventually worked out it was trapped gas related to soya milk. i switched to rice and the problem has lessened significantly

--------------------
Stable IBS D

#340042 - 12/26/08 03:13 PM
Jason63

Reged: 10/14/08

Hmm. Maybe thats it. Since I drop kicked dairy I've been using Silk (Soymilk) as my replacement. Maybe I'll try the rice alternative. Thanks for the advice.

#340043 - 12/26/08 03:36 PM
Dizzy

Reged: 03/04/07
Loc: university place washington

I make some ginger tea, and take some deep breathes, often I also put on a heating pad, if at home or a heat pack if I'm out, it seems to sooth down all the craziness

--------------------
ibc a but c predominent doing hypnotherapy and taking it one day at a time

#340140 - 12/29/08 11:31 AM
lisamonoson

Reged: 07/08/06
Loc: FL

Almond breeze Almond milk is My favorite.. They make it in Vanilla, Chocolate and original. Rice milk to me it tends to be chalky And also in my opinion soy has a after taste. The Almond Milk also has more health benefits than the other 2 together. Soy also caused me Hormonal issues ( increases estrogen) and more gas..
http://www.bluediamond.com/shop/natural/almondBreeze32.cfm
HEres some more info:

Almond BreezeŽ
Almond BreezeŽ Unsweetened

New! Almond BreezeŽ Unsweetened now available.

Almond BreezeŽ is a non-dairy beverage made from real almonds, all natural, smooth and creamy with a hint of almonds. Almond BreezeŽ is a great tasting non-dairy beverage without the thin, chalky after taste of rice and soy beverages.

Almond BreezeŽ won the 2004 Best Taste Award from the prestigious American Culinary Institute (ACI). ACI is an independent, chef based judging organization.

Enjoy Almond BreezeŽ chilled by the glass and on your cereal. You will love how it froths in coffee drinks, enhances fruit smoothies, and blends cup for cup in your favorite recipes.

Gluten, cholesterol and lactose free
Excellent source of calcium, vitamins D & E
Good source of vitamin A
A refreshing alternative to soy and rice non-dairy beverages

--------------------
IBS C Mostly .. More stable than ever Since being on the IBS diet! I THANK GOD FOR THIS BOARD! I can alternate to IBS A at times of stress, hormones or anxiety. LACTOSE INTOLERANT

#340144 - 12/29/08 12:10 PM
Kappy

Reged: 10/09/08
Loc: Mississippi

I'm quite fond of the Almond Breeze myself. The Rice milk provides hardly any nutrition (no calcium), I will settle for Soy milk since I live in a small town, I have to go to Jackson to get Almond Milk. But it is what I prefer. No problems with the almond milk either!

--------------------
IBS-C, Gas, Bloating, HURTING!

I'm married and it's so wonderful!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1225 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1940

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review