All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Why am I always so hungry?
      #339907 - 12/23/08 10:28 AM
Kappy

Reged: 10/09/08
Loc: Mississippi

I ate breakfast at 7am, snack at 11am, and it's 12noon and I'm hungry again!!! This is a usual diet for a day

Breakfast:
Bowl of oatmeal usually 1.5 servings
Acacia Fiber
Blueberries/Raspberries in oatmeal
Soy Protein w/Soy Milk Shake

Snack:
Banana
Another piece of fruit for more IF
Soy Yogurt

Lunch:
Baked Sweet Potato
Salad
Canned Tuna or Deli meat
Soy yogurt

Supper:
Some kind of soup
Salad
OR
veggies and baked potato or rice

What am I doing to make myself so hungry all the time? I drink tea and water like it's going out of style! I'm just hungry! I usually get the hungriest after my morning snack, and my lunch is at 1pm and I'm starving again by that time!!! Although, my symptoms are getting better. For the first time in months I had a Monday with no problems. Tuesday is going pretty well also even though I have a few dull tummy spasms.

--------------------
IBS-C, Gas, Bloating, HURTING!

I'm married and it's so wonderful!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Why am I always so hungry? new
      #339911 - 12/23/08 11:13 AM
sharond

Reged: 10/29/07

Hi Kappy,

Good diet, but I would say eat a little more often. 7:00 AM - 11:00 is four hours and then between lunch and supper is quite a while. I eat small every 2 1/2 hours....I wouldn't be able to go a 4 hour stretch.

Sharon

#339913 - 12/23/08 12:00 PM
Kappy

Thanks for the advise. I will try that.

--------------------

Re: Why am I always hungry? Another Question..... new
      #339914 - 12/23/08 12:11 PM
Kappy

Could spreading my meals so far out be the reason my tummy locks up during the day. I'm not bloated or constipated, today that is, but I always get a pain in my upper abdomen below my rib cage even when I'm not having a full blown IBS attack. It almost feels like it's my heart, but I know it's not that. It's right under my sternum, and when I stand after sitting for a while, it feels like I'm ripping something open inside me. It's very painful and when I think about it too much, I do get a full blown attack.

--------------------

Re: Why am I always hungry? Another Question..... new
      #339934 - 12/23/08 02:54 PM
vettech

Reged: 06/08/08
Loc: ME

Yes, sometimes going too long without eating causes similar pain for me. I try to eat every couple of hours, very small amounts each time.

I'm often hungry (unless I'm having a bad attack). Probably because the EFI diet is so low in fat. Fat is what leaves you statiated for long periods of time.

--------------------
IBS-A and GERD since 1983
Low FODMAP since 2012

#339959 - 12/23/08 05:33 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

Don't worry about it. It is good to eat often and a lot since it raises your metabolism. I eat tons, especially in the morning. There are people who eat so much less than me but I know my metabolism is burnin'. And if you exercise you really need to eat. When I bike a good distance I often have to eat a luna bar just to get back home.
Try to eat even more often.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 951 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1637

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review