All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
What is normal (GRAPHIC)?
      #339780 - 12/21/08 09:33 AM
Jason63

Reged: 10/14/08

I'm curious to know if anyone else is in my condition regarding what should be a normal stool. SORRY IF THIS GETS GRAPHIC! I have been on Heather's diet for roughly 3 months, take Acacia fiber twice daily (total 3tsp). I used to have D 4-5 times a day when I was diagnosed. Since following the IBS guidelines I only experience D 1-3 times a month. A normal day for me is 2 BM's. My question is this while my stool is solid it is rarely in 1 or 2 logs. It is usually a collection of soft edged pellet or french fry shapes. It tends to smear the toilet when I flush. Is this what I can expect as normal as an IBSer? Should I increase my Acacia fiber intake? Any thoughts greatly appreciated.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: What is normal (GRAPHIC)? new
      #339809 - 12/21/08 03:30 PM
Karen1415

Reged: 07/04/08

You remind me of my son, he would ask the same type of questions very honest, open, and inquiring.

I think it could be normal for where you are right now. The hope is that you will become more stable as time goes on and as you add more IF to your diet, it will bulk up more. Even though everyone is so different, we all are challenged with trying to get a somewhat normal consistency. I am glad that it appears you are making progress and I admire that you are seeking help to get better and learn all you can.

Have a very merry Christmas!
Karen

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1889 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 679

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review