All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
osbo54

Reged: 09/04/08

Hi all,

Just to let everyone know, I reported one of the more recent posts on this board to Heather, per her request in her most recent post. I did not do it to be mean, but to let her know that one person is still not following her guidelines. I am sure that I have been guilty in the past of posting incorrectly, but since Heather's warning, I have tried to watch what I post. This person has ignored her warnings.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Post new
      #339652 - 12/19/08 09:16 AM
Kappy

Reged: 10/09/08
Loc: Mississippi

What post did you report? Do you think my post about pomegranates is not following the guidelines? I just don't know what to post now.

--------------------
IBS-C, Gas, Bloating, HURTING!

I'm married and it's so wonderful!

Kappy new
      #339658 - 12/19/08 09:36 AM
Janey

Reged: 10/25/03
Loc: Maryland

Kappy,

I think your question about pomegranates is fine. You are inquiring if this is an IBS safe fruit to eat.

In Heather's message she listed talks about alcohol, dairy, meat, and how members can eat these items as things she doesn't want talked about. I think any discussion on how to cheat on the EFI diet sucessfully are a no no.

The boards are for support and discussion about IBS and following the EFI diet. Asking a question about a food item and if it is safe is ok. Sometimes you can go back and read the info Heather has provided and refresh your memory about safe foods to eat and you end up answering your own question like you did this time.

Don't be afraid to ask questions. That is how we learn how to eat the right way to feel better.

Hugs,

--------------------
Janey

Re: Kappy new
      #339659 - 12/19/08 09:40 AM
osbo54

Reged: 09/04/08

Yes, Janey I agree. It wasn't Kappy. This person was discussing exactly what Heather said not to. I had a feeling they would continue, so I decided to try to nip it in the bud. I did not mean to scare or offend anyone. Sorry, if I have.

Lynn

Re: Kappy new
      #339661 - 12/19/08 10:45 AM
Zara

Reged: 06/07/06

I have a feeling it was about discussing the topic that Heather herself posted into the research library to begin with.

Since I was one of the posters into that discussion thread I can very well assume the "offensive" post was mine, although I did not suggest that I or anyone else should eat dairy. What was discussed was an experience of someone who does not have IBS.

Unfortunately, this whole "telling on each other" makes me feel like we're back in the kindergarten.

--------------------
IBS-C, bloating, cramps
pregnant

Janey/Lynn new
      #339662 - 12/19/08 11:09 AM
Kappy

Reged: 10/09/08
Loc: Mississippi

Thank you both for your words of encouragement. I really need some right now. I've been sick with the flu and bad bad tummy troubles. I ate the pomegranate with my morning snack, I feel fine so far. I like eating alot of IF cause it does help me alot, but sometimes, when I eat raspberries with my morning banana, it throughs my GI tract for a loop! It's not fun. But, today, I feel fine for the first day this week, that is my tummy does.

Thanks again, ladies!

--------------------
IBS-C, Gas, Bloating, HURTING!

I'm married and it's so wonderful!

Re: Janey/Lynn new
      #339663 - 12/19/08 11:27 AM
Janey

Reged: 10/25/03
Loc: Maryland

Kappy,

I'm glad that you are having a good tummy day. Days of feeling good give us encouragement to carry on and follow the EFI diet. You will learn to stay away from foods that make you feel sick as it isn't worth it in the end to cheat and feel lousy.

It may seem difficult at times because you can't eat the things you are used to eating. Once you get used to eating healthy and feeling good it isn't as hard.

This is definitely the place to come for encouragment because everyone on the boards understands what you are going through.

--------------------
Janey

Re: Zara new
      #339679 - 12/19/08 03:07 PM
sharond

Reged: 10/29/07

Zara,

Don't take the blame Zara....I'm sure I was the one who was tattled on. When I saw the new research study in the IBS Research Library it was me who posted first with questions. I feel if we can't discuss something or question something in the research library, why is it even in there.

I thought we were all here to support each other, but lately it seems like people are enjoying attacking each other over petty issues.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1979 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1904

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review