All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
Re: bump..kappy your online..nt. new
      #339386 - 12/15/08 09:42 AM
Kappy

Reged: 10/09/08
Loc: Mississippi

Hi there! Hope you had a good weekend! I like to snack on ginger snap cookies and animal crackers. You can put some in a small snack size baggie and put in your pocket. I like licorice and the twizzlers. They help stave off hunger because they take so long to chew. Also try jelly beans. They are good pocket snack as well.

I also have a bad habit, especially on the weekend, of eating and eating and eating until I hurt. It's some kind of eating disorder, or so i'm told. I can handle it during the week when I'm at work, most of the time, but the weekends, I become the bottom less pit. Then I pay for it on Monday.

--------------------
IBS-C, Gas, Bloating, HURTING!

I'm married and it's so wonderful!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

The bottomless pit new
      #339388 - 12/15/08 09:47 AM
ericai

Reged: 11/09/08
Loc: Nassau County, NY

I have this too!

I can't control how much I eat from Friday night to Sunday night. I just keep eating and eating and eating even when I feel full.

I just have this urge to pick on stuff and chew. I've at least been able to control what I'm eating....I used to reach for the cookies and ice cream and chips. Now at least it's graham crackers and rice dream

--------------------
Erica
IBS-D

Re: The bottomless pit new
      #339390 - 12/15/08 10:29 AM
Kappy

Same here! I can finish off a whole box of graham crackers in one sitting! My fiance is no help either. He just keeps eating, and it makes me want to keep eating! aaarrrggghhh!!

--------------------

#339402 - 12/15/08 12:26 PM

Unregistered

Do you know the name of the eating disorder? It's like I want to lose weight and feel good,not like I have a ton to lose..but 20 or 3olbs would be nice.. I just see food that looks good and pick it up and eat and not care then the next day I care cuz I pay for it then I try to get back on the ibs diet,but fail everyday.

#339404 - 12/15/08 12:34 PM
Kappy

I have no clue what the eating disorder is called. I know that there are meetings at our local hospital called "overeaters anonymous". I think it is an actual disorder though. May be some research behind this! I am the same way, although, during the week, I have it, for the most part, under control, sometimes that is.

--------------------

#339409 - 12/15/08 01:08 PM

Unregistered

Do you have any idea how to get rid of this disorder,lol. Do you happen to know any safe wal mart candies? like gummi ones or sugary ones? any suckers safe? oh which brand of gramn crackers is the safest? HOw about gramn crackers with soy ice cream on them,any idea to add to that?

#339410 - 12/15/08 01:15 PM
Kappy

I like the good 'ol keebler graham crackers myself. Twizzlers are good and gummi bears. I think any candy like that will be ok. just don't get the sugar free. Watch your intake too, that's alot of sugar! I like to melt a little peanut butter and pour over my ice cream! mmmm.. and with some graham crackers, that is devine! Try mixing some cocoa with a little soy milk and some sugar and boil it until it gets thick. This is a great topping. Almost like chocolate syrup. Do alot more cocoa and sugar than milk though.

--------------------

#339412 - 12/15/08 01:19 PM

Unregistered

well the only soy milk I buy is 8th continent light chocolate.. so just add the ingredients to it?

#339413 - 12/15/08 01:20 PM
Kappy

Yeah you could probably do that too. That's my favorite soy milk too!!!!!

--------------------

Re: bump..kappy your online..nt.
      #339414 - 12/15/08 01:22 PM
Kappy

Ok, just got the actual name of the eating disorder. It's called "compulsive overeating" and there are treatments for it. I'm trying to learn more about it.

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2905 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 17734

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review