All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
SOLGAR’s "Multiple Fibre Formula"
      #339341 - 12/14/08 08:23 AM
Clifton

Reged: 12/11/08

Hi,

As I live outside USA, I wanted to find out how SOLGAR's "Multiple Fibre Formula" compares with Heather's Tummy Fiber™ Organic Acacia.

The local pharmacy here only stocks SOLGAR's products and hence I would like to know whether the two products are similar. Can I use "Multiple Fibre Formula" instead of Acacia?

Thanks.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: SOLGAR’s "Multiple Fibre Formula" new
      #339343 - 12/14/08 09:00 AM
Syl

Reged: 03/13/05
Loc: SK, CANADA

Acacia is 100% soluble fiber. Solgars Multiple Fibre Formula contains 60% soluble fiber and 40% insoluble fiber (Powdered Soluble Fibers: Oat Bran 200mg, Apple Pectin 200mg, Grapefruit Pectin 200mg, Powdered Insoluble Fibers: Flaxseed Meal 200mg, Psyllium Seed Husks 200mg)

You are better off sticking with supplement that contains 100% soluble fiber.

Solgar's appears to be a UK company. You might try Benefiber which contains wheat dextrin - a gluten soluble fiber. It is known to be an IBS friendly fiber supplement and it is available at Boots, Sainsburys, ASDA and Tesco.

--------------------
STABLE: ♂, IBS-D 50+ years - Science of IBS

The FODMAP Approach to Managing IBS Symptoms
Evidence-based Dietary Management of Functional GI Symptoms: The FODMAP Approach
FODMAP Chart & Cheatsheet
The Role of Food & Dietary Intervention in IBS

#339451 - 12/16/08 01:59 AM
Clifton

Thanks Syl. Will reply soon as I am not feeling well right now.

#340540 - 01/07/09 05:02 AM
Clifton

Hi Syl,

I agree with you that Acacia is preferable as it is 100% SF. However, I have been trying out SOLGAR's Multiple Fibre Formula for the past 6 weeks along with Acidophilus with bifidus and it is helping my IBS-D condition a lot.

I supplement with SOLGAR's fish oil capsules once a week since I am a vegetarian. I also have Ativan (1 mg) but that is because I have become habituated to it for a good night's rest.

If I have excitement, for instance when I had to plan out some games for the New Year's party, I felt the IBS-D symptoms were back. I managed to stabilize it with 1 gram of SOLGAR's Multiple Fibre Formula. Usually I take only half-gram of the multiple fibre formula per day.

Let me add that, I have to depend on SOLGAR's as that is only available locally and if I have to get Acacia shipped it may take a long time and prove more expensive.

I also have fennel / ginger teas for bloating. Peppermint tea also is helping in reducing IBS-D symptoms and keeping me awake and alert during the working hours.

I am so happy with what I have learnt from Heather's First Year book and from the message boards that I actually feel like this is my second wonderful life. I make it a point to walk 30 minutes and/or do yoga on most days.

Thanks for your advice.

Clifton

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1986 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1789

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review