All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
SPASMS
      #339201 - 12/11/08 09:31 AM
Kappy

Reged: 10/09/08
Loc: Mississippi

Ok, so I just ate my mid-morning snack of a Banana and a cup of Soy yogurt. Now my intestines are spasming out like crazy! It doesn't hurt so much, but I can feel it, and it is a little uncomfortable. Also, in about an hour I will be hungry again, like I haven't eaten all day. Why am I always so hungry? Can anyone help with the spasms and hunger pangs?

--------------------
IBS-C, Gas, Bloating, HURTING!

I'm married and it's so wonderful!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: SPASMS new
      #339202 - 12/11/08 09:48 AM
steph312

Reged: 08/05/07
Loc: Florida

I feel your pain today, I felt the same way when I came into work and ate a small amount of grits and yogurt, then at lunch tried some rice. Then the pains hit and off to the bathroom I went. I just went online and ordered some more of Heather's Acacia powder and peppermint caps, haven't taken them in awhile but they did seem to help when I did. Have you tried them? I tried to send you a private message but it wouldn't let me.

Stephanie

#339203 - 12/11/08 09:57 AM
Kappy

I do take the Acacia fiber, I have kind of slacked off of the peppermint pills. They work, I just keep forgetting to put my new bottle in my purse I'll check out the private message issue. I wonder why it won't let you? hmmmm.... Thanks for your help though! Do you take Bentyl for your spasms? I take it but sometimes I don't think it works very well.

--------------------

#339204 - 12/11/08 10:12 AM
steph312

No, I have never taken the Bentyl does that help you any?

#339205 - 12/11/08 10:12 AM
Kappy

I've also been very dizzy the last few days. I just don't understand all of these complications! I'm only 25!!!!!! Aaaarrrrggghhh! I wish it would all go away. I got my pastor to pray for my belly yesterday! He has helped do some amazing things through prayer, I just hope his prayers will help me as well.

--------------------

#339206 - 12/11/08 10:15 AM
Kappy

Sometimes it seems like it does, but then again, I can't really tell the difference. I'm supposed to take every 4 hours as needed for pain, but sometimes, I can't tell that I took anything. I'm drinking some fennel tea right now.

--------------------

#339207 - 12/11/08 10:27 AM
steph312

I like to drink the tea too, sometimes you find you will try anything. My husband just took a trip to my mother and father's cabin in GA on a hunting trip, we live in FL and I didn't even go because of the drive and scared to take off with the trouble with my belly, terrible what it puts you through

#339208 - 12/11/08 10:32 AM
Kappy

Oh mercy! That's not good! You should route out the clean bathrooms on the way to their house and try to stop frequently just to make sure or have a plan to stop rather. That's awful. I am C sometimes D but very rarely. I can't imagine how you feel! I know about the pains and the urgency, but having D all the time has got to be miserable! You don't need to stay home during the holidays! You should try to go enjoy yourself! I'm so sorry for your misfortune!

--------------------

#339211 - 12/11/08 10:42 AM
steph312

True, but my son went with him, so my daughter and I had girl time. I wish sometimes I was C than D , not sure which would be the worst of the two evils, but I guess we learn to live with it, by the way congrats on the wedding for May, hope all goes well.

#339213 - 12/11/08 10:51 AM
Kappy

That sounds like fun! Girl time is always the best. Thank you for your praises on the wedding! I don't think either C or D is any fun! I hate IBS! It is so debilitating! I'm so worried about my stomach for the wedding! If i get an attack, I will be so miserable, and it's supposed to be the happiest day of my life! I think for about 3 weeks before I'm only going to eat oatmeal, potatoes, SF, and bananas. I think I will be in the clear if I do that!

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2097 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3798

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review