All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
For Those who take ortho lo
      #338925 - 12/05/08 09:35 AM

Unregistered

I asked my doctor if anything I take can interact or lower the effictiveness of ortho lo..I am picking up the prescription today..taking it sometime soon..So she said it hasn't been studied with over the counter products and she said its possible..I asked if anything I take is known to affect it,she said no..SO I take lots of fennel tea,peppermint capsules,align,fibercon,beachbody muscle toning formula,regimint,natural calm,papaya enzyme and acacia powder..All you guys who take these supplements and ortho lo..those of you who took your pill at the exact same time everyday and didn't use condoms..How did that work for u?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

ARGGG!!!! new
      #338933 - 12/05/08 11:50 AM

Unregistered

I just dropped my insurance cuz my insurance is about $50 a month and I had to pay $50 on this prescription cuz they covered a whopping $4... They told me on the phone they covered up to $150..but since its a brand name they won't..they never told me that on the phone..They said it didn't matter what brand it was because prescriptionsn are covered up to $150

I can't afford to have insurance and pay nearly full price..THis is the bc pill I want..and there is no generic version of the lo..I want my acne to clear up so bad..I want to prevent against pregnancy..I want to have to quit buying condoms all the time. I am so angry. I don't want to be trying all kinsd of brands to see what worked for me as I already know this one does..Plus ibs is very sensitive..i want the lowest dose...Anyone have something like this happen?

Re: ARGGG!!!! new
      #338940 - 12/05/08 01:01 PM
Kappy

Reged: 10/09/08
Loc: Mississippi

Ok, so I use YAZ very low dosage. It has cleared up my face and discolorations pretty well. I just recently found out that if you take anything "different" with birth control, it can affect it. ANYTHING!!! Taking Tylenol can affect your bc but doctors wont tell you that cause they want you to buy it. Your bc basically has to get "used" to the medicine you take. I take a long list of meds and supplements too, but after a month of taking them, your bc will be used to the meds. Hope that helps! I don't use condoms by the way, just pull out.

--------------------
IBS-C, Gas, Bloating, HURTING!

I'm married and it's so wonderful!

OMG Now a few questions. new
      #338943 - 12/05/08 01:16 PM

Unregistered

So what about all the stuff I am taking now? Will it have to adjucts to stuff I already take? HOw long does it take to adjust? ANything affects it?!I didn't know u can't take tylenol..Where did u hear your bc has to get "used to" the medicine you take? Who told you that and are they any really good articles out there I could read?My doctor said the first month of using bc,u need to use condoms cuz its not very effective during that time..does that mean I need to wait 2monthes before not using condoms with all the supplemnts I take? And If I take a tylenol or think of taking one..i should use a condom?

Re: OMG Now a few questions. new
      #338945 - 12/05/08 01:30 PM
Kappy

Well you shouldn't have to wait 2 months if you take your med/supps continuously. It'll be like nothing is different. Now, I don't know how true the Tylenol thing is. My doctor just told me that anything I take that I'm not used to taking COULD affect it. I don't know of any articles, I wish I did. But I'm assuming my doctor is a pretty good source. I'm sorry I can't give you any more help with this. But do realize that bc is only 99%. Any kind! Which sucks, but there have been occasions where people get pregnant even when taking bc. I don't want to scare you! I take BC and all kinds of meds and I haven't gotten pregnant - yet. Knock on wood! I do take Tylenol, and it doesn't seem to affect it, but who knows? My doc also put me on prozac to take just 1 week out of the month before and during my period, so I'm assuming that it won't affect it too badly. I hope not anyway. I hope I haven't confused you. Maybe we should research this a little more and get some more opinions and info about it!

--------------------

#338946 - 12/05/08 01:31 PM

Unregistered

I see your online..I thought of more stuff..What If I don't take my multivitamin for a few days then take it again..or do one supplement one day but not the next? I hope its not really complicated..

#338947 - 12/05/08 01:36 PM
Kappy

I don't think vitamins will hurt. I think its more like prescription or otc pain medicines. Things like that. I will ask my doctor for more info for you. Antibiotics are a major bc blocker. They will destroy your bc for a month after you take it. So if you are on antibiotics for 10 days, you need to wait one month after the last day of your script. Does that make sense?

--------------------

#338948 - 12/05/08 01:42 PM

Unregistered

thank you sooo much! could you go to the beachbody site and print out all the information on, it's either called body toning now or muscle toning formula,they are the same..and have her read everything and look at all the information? I have enough trouble with getting a ride to walmart or picking up my prescription,lol.

#338949 - 12/05/08 01:52 PM
Kappy

I take the beachbody supplments too! I enjoy them, I will take her the information! Thats no problem!

--------------------

#338950 - 12/05/08 02:07 PM

Unregistered

your the first person I've found here that takes them! Oh doesn't the body toning formula speed your metabolism or something?

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 524 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6106

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review