All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
How many of you are helped by peppermint caps?
      #338742 - 12/01/08 03:28 PM
Loriann

Reged: 11/21/03
Loc: coastal southern California

Do they work for you? And how often do you take them? - every day, or just when you need them?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: How many of you are helped by peppermint caps? new
      #338745 - 12/01/08 05:26 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

They work very well for me. I take them when a meal might not sit right and when I feel cramps and gurgles. Many times they stop the cramps, especially if I lie down too. My GI doc recommends pep caps before each meal.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

#338762 - 12/02/08 10:35 AM
portrgirl

Reged: 11/15/06

I really wanted them to work for me, but unfortunately it gives me (minty) heartburn. Yuck and ouch. Instead I stick to peppermint tea after I eat or when I'm feeling bloated/crampy. It works fairly quickly for me (~15-30 mins) and usually calms my tummy very well.

#338782 - 12/02/08 04:35 PM
kteach

Reged: 09/15/08
Loc: New York, NY

They work well for me too. I don't take them everyday - only if I know I'm eating something risky or I'm not feeling 100%. If I take one I take it right when I start eating. I do sometimes get a little heartburn and minty burps but most of the time it's not a problem. I would start out taking one a day - they are quite strong. I've found that one is the max for me in a day.

Good luck!

--------------------
IBS-D 8 years

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3212 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1157

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review