All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
TURKEY & CHICKEN MUST IT ALWAYS BE WHITE MEAT??
      #338704 - 11/30/08 02:32 PM
lisamonoson

Reged: 07/08/06
Loc: FL

I miss dark meat and its so much cheaper. I want to know when eating chicken and Turkey must it always be WHITE meat only? Can you occasionally have some dark meat?? Also if you Do ground can you add a bit of the dark meat to make it moist. I made Turkey meatballs with all white me and they were SOOOO dry. I am feeling so deprived

--------------------
IBS C Mostly .. More stable than ever Since being on the IBS diet! I THANK GOD FOR THIS BOARD! I can alternate to IBS A at times of stress, hormones or anxiety. LACTOSE INTOLERANT

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: TURKEY & CHICKEN MUST IT ALWAYS BE WHITE MEAT?? new
      #338708 - 11/30/08 05:28 PM
Snorkie

Reged: 02/15/05
Loc: Northern Illinois, USA

All white meat is safest. However, I will confess that I usually get the 93% lean ground turkey. The virtually fat free stuff just tastes like sliced turkey to me, which is not the taste I'm after when I use ground...and it's less than $5 per 20 oz, package, too.

Depending on your stability, you may want to experiment some to see how you do with dark meat. I do well with a combination of white and dark.

Re: TURKEY & CHICKEN MUST IT ALWAYS BE WHITE MEAT?? new
      #338719 - 12/01/08 09:50 AM
ericai

Reged: 11/09/08
Loc: Nassau County, NY

Good question!

Before starting the diet I used to make my chicken soups from only thighs and legs (lots of flavour and the meat wouldn't be dry like with the breasts). I used to skim the top fat off.

For the past few weeks I've just made it with the breasts. I think I'll try and see what happens.

--------------------
Erica
IBS-D

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3560 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 895

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review