All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
OVULATION PAIN AND IBS..PLEASE HELP!! Anyone
      #338678 - 11/29/08 07:41 AM
lisamonoson

Reged: 07/08/06
Loc: FL

Anyone else go through horrible ovulation ever month? I get the tender breasts , and tender middle, & sometimes it starts with C then I end up with D. I can also get the headaches and nausea too.
It seems like from Ovulation on to my period Im miserable. What can I take for the Discomfort that wont upset the IBS.. I took Tylenol yesterday but what about Midol or Pamprin?? What about certain vitamins that are supposed to help Hormones? Anyone Suggestions please. I can track this like clockwork it usually starts on day 10 and has lasted some months up till my period begins. HELP!

--------------------
IBS C Mostly .. More stable than ever Since being on the IBS diet! I THANK GOD FOR THIS BOARD! I can alternate to IBS A at times of stress, hormones or anxiety. LACTOSE INTOLERANT

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

You are not alone! new
      #338680 - 11/29/08 08:53 AM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

This is what I went through last month! It Sucked! I was so sick for like 2 weeks. No matter what I ate or did. Me and dh want to start trying how am I going to do that with be this sick every month ya know! I was even on the pill and that didn't seem to help! I really have no advice sorry just know I am right there with you! I hope you feel better soon! Hugs
Emmasmom
ibs-c gas

Re: You are not alone! new
      #338696 - 11/30/08 08:28 AM
dragonfly

Reged: 05/12/08
Loc: canada

I have pain with ovulation every month but it doesn't flare my IBS.Just really painful for a couple hours and I can't move hardly at all.

--------------------
IBS-D since 1999...mostly stable..i do cheat too.Bad me.

Re: OVULATION PAIN AND IBS..PLEASE HELP!! Anyone new
      #338700 - 11/30/08 01:39 PM
Fen

Reged: 03/01/08
Loc: Central NY

Midol contains caffeine - I would avoid that. I'm not sure if Pamprin does as well.

Have you tried a heating pad and/or a hot bath? I have endometriosis and have WICKED period pain as a result. Heat is what helps me more than anything.

--------------------
IBS-C

Re: You are not alone! new
      #338705 - 11/30/08 02:37 PM
lisamonoson

Reged: 07/08/06
Loc: FL

Im so completely moody too, I have been ripping everyones head off today. I too have been on the pill in the past and never experience these symptoms like this. Its probably because I was either Pregnant or on the pill so I never knew how bad I had it. I tried going back on a pill over the summer to help and I couldn't tolerate it So I guess I am stuck with having to deal with it. Doc wants to try me on Pexeva for my anxiety, Panic, Agoraphobia and Mood I hope maybe it will help the PMS too. I am afraid to take it and start it.. Its the New Paxil and I did Paxil years ago. Getting on and off the stuff was horrible so I am afraid.

--------------------
IBS C Mostly .. More stable than ever Since being on the IBS diet! I THANK GOD FOR THIS BOARD! I can alternate to IBS A at times of stress, hormones or anxiety. LACTOSE INTOLERANT

Re: OVULATION PAIN AND IBS..PLEASE HELP!! Anyone new
      #340111 - 12/28/08 04:49 PM
kween

Reged: 12/28/08
Loc: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia 3011

Reading over this thread reminds me of what i go through every 3 months approximately for me, as i suffer from PCOS (a hormone imbalance). If you have bad pain and it flairs up ur IBS, maybe it's worth getting checked if you have a low case of PCOS, with other symptoms that you have mentioned, i would see a doctor/ gyno.

All the best!

--------------------
Here's hoping to a better quality of life for each and every soul that is suffering in one way or another! Bless it be...

kween can I have more info on this? new
      #340198 - 12/30/08 08:39 AM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

Hi I have notice that I don't have a ibs flare up til about every third month I think I might have this could you give me some more info on this? Thanks
emmasmom
ibs-c gas

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 667 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3007

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review