All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
about to take ortho lo
      #338608 - 11/26/08 12:19 PM

Unregistered

My boyfriend and I only sleep with each other. If I set alarms and do what I got to,to take it at 7am everyday,there is no way I could get pregnant,right? I refuse to take anything except ortho lo,I've taken it before,before I had sex. I have ibs and I'm sensitive to alot.
I take fiber-con,beach body activit muscle toning formula,chocolate whey protein powder,papaya enzyme,regimint,all the heather products,align. None of this can interact and or make the birth control less effective,right?

So does anyone know everything that interacts or makes the pill less effective?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

new subject new
      #338609 - 11/26/08 12:45 PM

Unregistered

I didn't want to post all over the place,so I'm asking a few food questions here. Does anyone know of some safe store bought toppings for ice cream like chocolate,caramel and strawberry? I really like stir fry,anyone know of stir fry sauces that are gentle and safe? perhaps even low on salt? Also, I really like mcdonald's sweet and sour sauce and nuggests,chicken selects? Anyone know of some safem,great substituets? Oh the recipe on this site, I forget what its called,you use rice krispy ceral and some spices with chicken and put them in the oven,that bother's my stomach,rice krispies brand has hfcs,so does the cheap brand,I think the spices I used in combination with that irritated me.

Re: new subject new
      #338617 - 11/26/08 06:12 PM
dragonfly

Reged: 05/12/08
Loc: canada

Chicken nuggets...i use shake and bake and cut up the chicken into chunks and bake in the oven.Dip in honey or plum sauce,or bbq sauce.Heather has a recipe for BBQ sauce in her book.You could also use bread crumbs instead.

When I stirfry I use water instead of oil just keep enough in the bottom to keep from burning. Serve with worcheshire sauce instead of soy sauce.

HTH

--------------------
IBS-D since 1999...mostly stable..i do cheat too.Bad me.

#338622 - 11/26/08 09:28 PM
Zara

Reged: 06/07/06

For the birth control, I would take it at a different time than your fiber con/fiber supplements. They can cause your food to rush through your small intestine, causing the pill not to get absorbed properly. It doesn't really matter if you take the pill in the a.m. or the p.m., as long as you stay consistent. If you follow the schedule and don't miss any pills, the risk of getting pregnant is very low.

--------------------
IBS-C, bloating, cramps
pregnant

#338623 - 11/26/08 09:43 PM
glasgowgirl

Reged: 09/01/08
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

I take mine at night since I sometimes get D in the morning so I felt like the pill wasn't getting enough time to be absorbed.

No method of contraceptive is 100% reliable but the pill is a close to fool proof as your going to get.

One thing to watch out for is St John's Wort as it interferes with the pill. There's more than a few women out there who had a nasty shock because the didn't know this.

--------------------
Stable IBS D

#338636 - 11/27/08 09:50 AM

Unregistered

How far apart do I take fiber? I get up 9 or 10, so I thought 7 was a good time. It varys what time I get off work and what time I go to bed..IF I was to take fiber con before bed like,after 10,11, or 12, and take ortho lo at 7am,that is ok,right? ALso If any day I'm going early in the morning to run in at the place I work and get my check it wouldn't be time to take birth control,lol.

#338641 - 11/27/08 11:51 AM
Zara

Reged: 06/07/06

I think if you take the fiber before bed and then your pill in the morning, that's plenty of time inbetween. I meant that there should be at least an hour.

--------------------
IBS-C, bloating, cramps
pregnant

#338647 - 11/27/08 12:59 PM

Unregistered

So besides the fiber supplements,there was nothing else that could possibly react or affect effectiveness? NO way Ibs could mess with it,right? Oh,sometimes when I take peppermint capsules, I burp up peppermint hours later..what's with that,my bc pill couldn't do that right?

#338654 - 11/28/08 03:53 AM
Fen

Reged: 03/01/08
Loc: Central NY

The only way IBS can mess with your birth control pill is if you have diarrhea shortly after taking your pill. (Similarly, if you're sick and vomit, that could interfere with the effectiveness).

Consult your paperwork in your pill pack - it should tell you what to do if you vomit or have diarrhea after taking the pill. Otherwise, ask your doctor what to do.

--------------------
IBS-C

#338765 - 12/02/08 11:14 AM

Unregistered

great ideas! shake and bake is safe then? do u know a god brand of plum, honey,or bbq sauce I can buy at wal mart? really safe and gentle..I'd rather just buy than make my own..our worchenshire sauce has hfcs in hit..do all of them? Oh, I was eating some molases cookies,I think..the cookies had Big square sugar or crystal on it...it was awsome..wat is it and can u buy it by the pound lol.

OMG...this "lady" at work..said she got pregnant with all 4 of her kids while she was on bc..but I know shes into drinking,smoking pot...and in the past did drugs..

safe sauces? walmart? new
      #338772 - 12/02/08 01:04 PM

Unregistered

I looked at all the workenshire sauces,every brand..at wal mart,every one had hfcs..i found only one brand of bbq sauce that didnt..origional cookies bar b q sace..but it also has workenshire..so does that mean it has hfcs and didn't put it in the ingridients? As for plum sauce..never found it,does it come in a bottle?

This looks good for a safe sauce.. new
      #338785 - 12/02/08 04:50 PM

Unregistered

http://www.amazon.com/Wok-Mei-Natural-Plum-Sauce/dp/B000I6CHB6/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=grocery&qid=1228265320&sr=1-3

That doesn't have HFCS,right?

Re: safe sauces? walmart? new
      #338804 - 12/03/08 07:21 AM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

French's make a safe workenshire sauce wal-mart doesn't sell it though. If you have a kroger or county market or your local grocery store check there. hth
emmasmom
ibs-c gas

#338901 - 12/04/08 02:59 PM

Unregistered

i asked the doctor if anything I take could mess with my bc..she said she really didn't know as over the counter stuff hasn't been studied with bc..but she didn't think so

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1282 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4755

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review