All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Safe Restaurant meals
      #338187 - 11/17/08 09:23 AM
elfdream

Reged: 09/07/08
Loc: Shenandoah Valley VA

I saw the page here that gave the tips for eating out but I couldn't find any posts that talked about specific meals in chain restaurants. It might well be here...I may have just not entered the right words in the search engine.

Anyway I discovered a few things I can tolerate very well. I also realize that this can differ from person to person but I'd also like to hear what you all have discovered out there. I alternate between D and C btw.

Cracker Barrel-Grilled Chicken Dinner with Green Beans/Steak Fries and Corn Muffins/no butter. The Green Beans looked a little oily-not sure what that was but they didn't bother me. There are other safe veggies to choose from.

TGI Fridays-Dragon Fire Chicken. Its served with Rice. I didn't eat the veggie/sauce thing. Just scrapped that to the side.

Red Lobster-Fresh Salmon with rice and Veggies. I ate the Cheese Biscuits first with no problem but I'd advice others to be careful.

I was surprised to find out I could eat the old fashioned buttermilk pancakes at I-Hop. I had them served with Promise spread instead of butter AND I had a Luna Bar first.

Anyone else find any 'safe' meals out there in Chain restaurant land? We of course know that some of them might do with a little moderation to make them 'safe'. I'm curious.

--------------------
IBS D/C /Fibromyalgia

Edited by elfdream (11/17/08 09:25 AM)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Safe Restaurant meals new
      #338188 - 11/17/08 09:54 AM
CarolynC

Reged: 03/11/08
Loc: Connecticut

I am able to eat the "Friendly's" crispy chicken wrap.
Also, the chickn fried rice from my local Chinese carry out.

--------------------
IBS-C with bloating and cramps
occasional type A

#338522 - 11/24/08 05:05 PM
Pennie

Reged: 11/24/08
Loc: South Carolina, US

I have eaten a turkey club from Steak N Shake with no bacon or mayo, mashed potatoes (no gravy) from KFC. I would love to see what others can eat.

--------------------
IBS~D

#338529 - 11/24/08 06:17 PM
elfdream

I went to Panda Express yesterday and had the noodles and Mandrian Chicken. I started to get the fried rice but then remembered they are made with eggs. They also have steamed rice. Everything was fine.

--------------------
IBS D/C /Fibromyalgia

#338542 - 11/25/08 07:28 AM

Unregistered

Steamed veggies and chicken with white rice from any Chinese Restaurant (sauce on the side). Applebee's chicken fajitas and the grilled chicken sandwich without the mayo from Burger King or Wendy's. Any steak house can grill you a piece of chicken or even shrimp just pair it with a baked potatoe and steamed veggies. Now I'm hungry!

#338699 - 11/30/08 09:52 AM
als2111

Reged: 03/30/08

I will eat plain baked potatos and the grilled chicken go wrap plain from Wendy's

Also I eat at Panda Express also but get the Mushroom chicken and steamed rice. I get the entree part on the side to I don't have all the extra sauce on the food.

My new love Chipotle, I get a chicken burrito with only rice, chicken the fresh mild tomato salsa(if you can tolerate) and small scoop of guacamole on it. Delicious!!

My coworkers like to go to mexican a lot after a shift so I just get rice and a plain chicken soft taco and put a little salsa on it.

#338701 - 11/30/08 02:11 PM
elfdream

I went to Applebee's yesterday and got the Grilled Chicken with Garlic Sauce that was in their Weight Watchers section. It came with a baked potato but as that comes pre-prepared with butter but I was able to substitute French Fries. It also came with broccoli. If I had it to do over I might just skip the potatoes. Everything was fine.

--------------------
IBS D/C /Fibromyalgia

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 8313 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2243

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review