All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Help what one to stop
      #338162 - 11/16/08 03:19 PM
gassymichael

Reged: 11/08/08

After my last bout of IBS two weeks ago i went on very plain diet, at the same time taking heathers tummy tamers and also acacia

After about 4 days a sense of normality came back although with some dyspesia, I put that down to maybe the peppermint.

Anyways, started eating a bit more normally (maybe a bit too normally) and while on the tummy tamers and the acacia I am back to square one, horrid tummy pains and right side cramps, but this time no D, in fact fairly normal although bit sticky I guess, but maybe over diagnosing myself at this point.

So do i stop the tummy tamers or the acacia? Tummy tamers could be causing the dyspepsia and the acacia the gassy cramps, but no idea

Any suggestions.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Help what one to stop new
      #338175 - 11/17/08 04:40 AM
Fen

Reged: 03/01/08
Loc: Central NY

Don't take this the wrong way, but maybe it's eating "normally" that's causing those symptoms! What does eating "normally" entail???

That being said, if you're experiencing heartburn or reflux, the peppermint very well might be causing those symptoms and should be stopped. I cannot take it for the same reason. The fiber should not be causing any kind of pain or cramps - it is not a laxative.

--------------------
IBS-C

#338217 - 11/17/08 03:31 PM
gassymichael

Hiya

Yes i know I am not one for being sensible and do not deserve sympathy Its hard when all my life i could throw what I liked down my poor tummy and now find i cant.

Eating normally was a roast rack of lamb that i cooked when friends came over, and now I have the right hand appendix like cramps again!!!!

Back to plain food for the future, learnt my lesson.

I will stop the peppermint as the dyspesia is real bad right now, worse when hungry as the acid builds up. Dont get burning just throbbing under ribs center.

So will take your advise and switch to the acacia, makes more sense.

Does anyone else get this right side, spasm/cramp in the lower part, mimic appendix? Yes had three docs look at it all say IBS, but just curious if I am alone and what do others do to relieve it?

#338223 - 11/17/08 06:11 PM
renee21

Reged: 06/02/05
Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

yes my cramping is also only on the right side - the ascending colon. when my ibs first started, the pain was low on the right side. now it's higher up, near the ribcage.

not much that I do helps, except my heating pad which i am addicted to.

--------------------
IBS-C, lots of spasm and trapped gas.

#338224 - 11/17/08 06:45 PM
gassymichael

I cant tell you how much it is of a relief to hear I am not alone!

i have had IBS on and off for years, mainly stress related but up until 6 weeks ago i never suffered with this RH cramp, I went to the doctors thinking appendix as one touch and I hit the roof, but they said IBS, and it went away only to come back, so back to docs - told IBS and started on Heathers great suppliments and it went away, - came back again a week later, this time different Doc suggested colonscopy just to be 100% sure, and a few days later the pain went, but now back again after a day of rich food.

So fearing the colonoscopy it is reasurring I am not alone.

I have typical IBS - very gassy, never much D. and of course this horrid pain!

I am no only taking acacia and hoping it to settle down again and on plain food diet

#338226 - 11/17/08 07:04 PM
osbo54

Reged: 09/04/08

Yes, I used to have that years ago. It seemed to go away on its own. I used to have to lie down and kind of draw my legs up, and if I moved it hurt all the more. Mine seemed to be connected to gas, but I can't even be sure of that. It eventually went away, without me doing anything that I am aware of. Go figure.

Lynn

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2196 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1439

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review