All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
What am I doing wrong???
      #337879 - 11/09/08 07:12 PM
canchzr

Reged: 11/09/08

I've had IBS for over 10 years. I used to be ok and be able to eat more than I can now but my body has changed. I just had a baby 4mos ago and now it's changed again. I can't tolerate any milk products much less just about any foods. I received Heather's bood, cookbook as well as the teas, tummy fiber and peppermint pills about 3 weeks ago. I was gungho about this new way of life and found that the book explains a lot about me and what I'm/I've been through. Throughout my life I've become more of a home body due to my issues. It's embarrassing to go out and not be able to eat anything or start to have anxiety an need to come home. My anxiety is from post tramatic stress but is aggrevated by my stomach problems also. I suffer from both types of IBS it's a constant change from day to day. With such a sensitive stomach I can't eat half of what's in the cookbook and it's getting harder and harder to figure out what doesn't bother me. I need protein and rice and pasta just don't cut it. I add chicken or shrimp or something like that but it's getting old. Can anyone tell me what I'm going wrong? I have cramping and pains in my stomach daily and feel the urge to run to the bathroom but most of the time nothing happens. I have a followup next week with my gastro doctor but I'm not sure there's anything else he can do for me. I just want my old body back where I could eat sour cream, ice cream and cheese (sorry guys alternative cheese products just don't work they are aweful!). Just thought I'd get an outside opinion on something I may be missing.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: What am I doing wrong??? new
      #337880 - 11/09/08 07:38 PM
jason61

Reged: 04/12/07

I recommend getting a comprehensive digestive workup and find out which foods you are allergic/sensitive to, if you have bacterial/yeast overgrowth and malabsorption issues. Also find out if you have celiac or are intolerant to gluten. most people who are go undiagnosed for 20-40 years and you dont even necessarily have to have symptoms. sounds like you are definitely allergic to something.

#337881 - 11/09/08 07:49 PM
canchzr

Reged: 11/09/08

I asked my GI dr at the last visit and he said he had already previously tested me for gluten and celiac and those aren't my problem. Seems it would be easier if it was then I'd know what the heck is going on. Very frustrating from day to day. I've always just accepted that I have IBS and a very sensitive stomach as well as reflux and heartburn. The IBS is sort of out of control and I'm not really patient with it all.

#337893 - 11/10/08 07:57 AM
jason61

Reged: 04/12/07

you may not have celiacs but still have an intolerance to gluten. id say lay off dairy & gluten for a week or two and see how you feel. you might be surprised

Gluten & Dairy are very hard to digest and puts a lot of stress on the digestive system.

Edited by jason61 (11/10/08 07:58 AM)

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3119 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 970

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review