Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
IBS-D and Align Bifantis
      #337851 - 11/09/08 08:50 AM
ericai

Reged: 11/09/08
Loc: Nassau County, NY

Hi, I'm new to the board.
I've had IBS-A for 8 years but for the past two months it has changed to IBS-D. I'm really struggling with it since I'm a teacher and feel very trapped inside the classroom.
My Dr. just gave me Align to try and it has made my BMs significantly worse. Loose stools have turned to water.
Anyone else experience this also?
Looking forward to any replies Wish I'd found this site years ago!
Erica

--------------------
Erica
IBS-D

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: IBS-D and Align Bifantis new
      #337883 - 11/09/08 08:13 PM
Karen1415

Reged: 07/04/08

Hi There,

Align has an adjustment period as indicated in the package insert. Would you please post what your typical diet is so some here can make suggestions?

Thx Karen

#337895 - 11/10/08 08:27 AM
ericai

Thanks Karen,

I generally don't eat breakfast or lunch (sometimes snack on saltines).

I wake up bloated, gassy, several bouts of D and nausea on and off all day. I drink a lot of water during the day.

Snacks: dry oat bran cereals, rice chex, rice cakes, saltines (not fat free though...I'm going out to buy those now).

Dinner: pastas, rices, chicken, some frozen mixed veggies. I have not avoided red meats yet and I'm a cake and cookie kindof person. SO buy the time I get home I'm starving and have a hard time not eating sweets.

My eating habits haven't changed significantly from when I was just having loose BMs, except when I started Align 4 weeks ago. I didn't take any this weekend had no D, just 6 loose BMs this morning.

I just got Heather's books and am committed to changing my eating habits, so I went out and bought alot of soluble fiber foods to cook with. I also plan on avoiding her trigger list for now.

(I have alot of info above, I posted a new thread on eating times also) I wasn't sure if anyone else had the same experience with Align, or if I'm just having a really bad flare up.

Thanks again,

--------------------
Erica
IBS-D

#337956 - 11/11/08 10:13 AM
em76

Reged: 05/10/08
Loc: Massachusetts

I was doing really good until I started Align, my doc recommended me trying it as the success w/ IBS - D was pretty good with her patients. I was on it for 8 weeks when I decided I had enough. It took about 3 weeks without it till I started to feel better. Like everything else, some things just don't work for everyone. I had increased bm's, gas issues (typically I don't have too much bloating/gas), and more urgency (almost worse than before I started EFI). Follow the insert, they recommend staying on it for 2 months or so, and then make your decision if it is helping or not.

--------------------
Started EFI 6/13/2008: IBS-D

#337991 - 11/12/08 08:58 AM
ericai

Wow, 2 months. I've stopped taking it since the weekend and started Heather's diet and feel better (don't know if it's the diet or eliminating the Align). I asked my Dr if he's ever heard of Align making symptoms worse and he said no, but IBS is different for everyone.
I was experiencing the same things as you. More BMs with URGENCY! Maybe once I've stabalized a little I'll try it again.
THanks again for your feedback

--------------------
Erica
IBS-D

#338070 - 11/13/08 02:13 PM
lisamonoson

Reged: 07/08/06
Loc: FL

I notice after being on it for months oh since before the summer that I have lots of gas in the AM. Not painful but I have never been like this.. Not to be giving TMI OK GET READY TO LAUGH...but Im like a tuba in the morning. I crack myself up.. I could be in a contest with a man and win GOOD HEAVEN its Loud.
I just pray my family doesn't hear me and then when they do from another room they are like I heard that I take them before bed at night and when I wake up let the band begin. I NEVER before align had this problem Im wondering if I should maybe stop taking it every day and try every other or ??? Other than that I think it has helped me. I do know that the week of my PMS everything is worse so theres no telling there.

--------------------
IBS C Mostly .. More stable than ever Since being on the IBS diet! I THANK GOD FOR THIS BOARD! I can alternate to IBS A at times of stress, hormones or anxiety. LACTOSE INTOLERANT

#338114 - 11/14/08 11:17 AM
vettech

Reged: 06/08/08
Loc: ME

Align was a lifesaver for me. I had a worse than usual bout of constant nausea and D that started in Feb. I think I started the Align in Jun or Jul. I felt worse the first 2 weeks, but then after that I saw a steady improvement. The last couple of months I've slowly been able to add stuff back to my diet (I was basically on nothing but bread and rice for MONTHS). I even took a long trip last month.

I still suffer from gas and bloating at times but nothing like before, and the D and nausea pop up only occasionally instead of constantly. I'm staying on the Align because, frankly, I'm afraid to go off of it.

--------------------
IBS-A and GERD since 1983
Low FODMAP since 2012

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 886 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2486

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review