All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
will I gain weight?
      #337769 - 11/06/08 11:15 AM

Unregistered

for the last 2 days I ate lots of shell pasta and spagetti noodles with some ragu lite sauce. I also ate a few baked potatoes. I find myself needing to eat lots of pastas and minute rice, other than that I eat skinless boneless chicken breasts or jennio hamburger,bacon,sausage,hot dogs. I am wanting to start working out and lose about 20lbs.
I will try to do this when I get enoug money in my account to have a few hundred dollars saved up then buy a pair of workout shoes that are like $70.. It's hard getting enough hours of work cuz i have ibs and don't work much and have to pay for all my supplements and grocieries..i always end up $100 or more in the negative then only have like $200 or a little more..but anyway..my question is will I gain weight. oh check this out http://health.msn.com/weight-loss/slideshow.aspx?cp-documentid=100219320&imageindex=5

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: will I gain weight? new
      #337775 - 11/06/08 01:01 PM
renee21

Reged: 06/02/05
Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

To be honest, it doesn't sound like your diet - mostly starches and fatty meats - is going to help you lose weight. However you can eat in a safe way for IBS that also keeps you slim:
- Emphasize lean protein - chicken and turkey(skinless, white meat), beans (well cooked/mashed), tofu (some people can tolerate it, some can't), fish (buy it canned if you can't afford fresh. Eat a good sized serving of protein with every meal - it'll help make you feel full so you won't overdo it with large portions of carbs/fats.
- Include a soluble fibre - pasta, oatmeal, potato - with every meal, but watch your portion sizes.
- CUT OUT all red meats, bacon, hamburgers, hot dogs etc. They are hard to digest for people with IBS and also very high in fat.
- Eat some insoluble fibre with every meal. Fruits and veggies are so healthy for you, they fill you up and are super low in calories. Just make sure you well-cook your veggies, and avoid the ones that seem to give you more trouble like gas.
- Include a little bit of fat with your meals, but make sure they are the healthy fats - i.e. nut butters, avocadoes, a little drizzle of olive oil, some ground flaxseed. Nothing deep-fried.
- Eliminate pop, reduce or eliminate alcohol, cut out all fast foods, candy, junk food etc. Start looking for healther options for your cravings - this website, along with your local health food store, have great ideas for safe and yummy snacks.
- Excercise - it sounds like you are working on your feet which is draining as it is. But the more walking, etc you can do, the better - it helps with bloating and constipation, stress, as well as your waistline!

Best of luck!

--------------------
IBS-C, lots of spasm and trapped gas.

#337801 - 11/07/08 07:59 AM

Unregistered

Jennio products are turkey meat and they are low in fat.they are safe products. I can't handle much If..I find myself eating pasta with ragu lite..I actually know how to eat for ibs..but its really working to eat all this pasta..i tried oatmeal and can 't handle it. oh I did eat a small slice of a tomatoes with a piece of bacon and hamburger and NO Bread..i'm so scared of bread cuz I have to check all the ingridients and don't want to overlook something bad or get much IF..

#337802 - 11/07/08 10:13 AM
renee21

If you are finding the pasta helping, that's great - it's a safe SF. Sounds like you have trouble with IF. I still think hamburger and bacon are really tough on your tummy. And they won't help you lose weight.

--------------------

#337803 - 11/07/08 10:43 AM

Unregistered

don't you know that turkey is a safe meat? The hamburger is jennio,its turkey hamburger and low on fat, the bacon is turkey bacon,itslow on fat. haven't u heart of jennio? So,next time your shopping check that brand out. I think lean lowfat meat helps ppl lose weight. Honestly,i had been eating other things that were bad but how long can I eat tons of pasta a day until i get the stools I want? my mom keeps bothering me to learn how to drive and keeps ragging on me cuz i tell her I barely make it through my 5-11 work shifts..I can't take time during the day to drive all over when I need to relax and drink tea and be near the toilet all day..

#337804 - 11/07/08 11:05 AM
renee21

Sorry, I did not realize you were referring to turkey bacon or turkey burgers. I had not heard of Jennio - maybe they don't have it Canada.
The pasta may be helping but I think you need to do more than that in order to get the stools you want - and it can be a long process. I've had IBS for 10 years and still don't have the stools I want!

--------------------

#337811 - 11/07/08 02:44 PM
osbo54

Reged: 09/04/08

Hi there,

I use the Jennio turkey burgers and I seem to do OK with them. I have to be careful because I am IBS-A, and I haven't got a handle on what sets the D off as of yet. I cook the burgers on my Geroge Foreman grill, which further drains off fat, and have them on a very good sourdough bread I buy fresh from my health food store. I will top it with a few veggies, not many, and it is really very good. I have not really read the label, I know I should, but so far, so good with them. In a pinch, when I am tired after a long day, you can just pop one out of the freezer...very convenient.

Lynn

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3813 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2472

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review