All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Insoluble fiber
      #337409 - 10/27/08 05:05 AM
namakb

Reged: 04/26/08

What is the best way to go about adding some insoluble fiber back into your diet? How much at at time? I am IBS-C

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Insoluble fiber new
      #337425 - 10/27/08 10:39 AM
Kappy

Reged: 10/09/08
Loc: Mississippi

I am IBS-C too! I found that after a few days of only SF, I could start slowly adding IF fairly easily. I usually eat oatmeal (plain, original) in the mornings and this has 2 grams of IF, so that's a start. Maybe try a banana-berry smoothie with more banana than berry, maybe a 2-1 ratio. There are many good recipes in EFI Diet cookbook, by Heather, that incorporate the IF with SF. Just always make sure to have more SF than IF and try to eat SF first. Yesterday, I drank a glass of water with two tsp. of Acacia Fiber before eating a half cup of raspberries with tofu. It was so good, and I haven't had any effects yet. I thought that overeating might make me miserable today, but, knock on wood, it hasn't yet! I hope this helps!

--------------------
IBS-C, Gas, Bloating, HURTING!

I'm married and it's so wonderful!

Re: Insoluble fiber new
      #337461 - 10/27/08 07:35 PM
glasgowgirl

Reged: 09/01/08
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

I'm IBS D so I take really small amounts of IF. Apart from banana and berry smoothies and porridge I like hummas with roasted red pepper. I make with a can of chick peas, a roasted red pepper with the skin peeled off, a few TBS of the juice from the can, two smallish garlic cloves and juice from a lemon. Stick it in the blender and let it rip. If you have it with some white bread it makes it even safer.

--------------------
Stable IBS D

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 4972 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 715

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review