All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Help with Restaurants At Disney
      #337276 - 10/24/08 10:32 AM
Rogue

Reged: 01/27/08
Loc: Ottawa, Canada

I had posted this in the Lounge but will little responses. just want to see if anyone here can help me..
So we just booked our honeymoon at Disney World and we need to do advance reservations for our suppers. Started thinking... I know Disney is very accommodating with diets and such but I still don't know where to go (never been to Disney) so for those of you who have been what restaurants did you go to and how accommodating were they? I love seafood any of that?

Thanks

--------------------
IBS-A mostly D, Emetaphobic, GAD

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Help with Restaurants At Disney new
      #337308 - 10/24/08 05:23 PM
GaGa

Reged: 01/12/08
Loc: Florida

Did you see this website someone posted yesterday, I think?
http://allears.net/din/dining.htm

It's about dining at Disney

--------------------
"I Will Survive! :-)... I shall live and not die and declare the works of The Lord..."

#337321 - 10/25/08 03:36 AM
Rogue

Reged: 01/27/08
Loc: Ottawa, Canada

yes i have looked at that site long before posting this...but what I'm asking here is what are your experiences and how accommodating for YOU were they, looking at the menus don't tell me much on how they accommodate and deviate from that menu.
I'm looking for recommendations of restaurants that have been accommodating to people here

--------------------
IBS-A mostly D, Emetaphobic, GAD

#337417 - 10/27/08 08:34 AM
LaurenS

Reged: 06/06/08
Loc: Alabama

Every sit down or buffet restaurant we have EVER been to at Disney World has been accommodating. The chefs have always been very willing to work around whatever guidelines we gave them. It's best to make reservations, so they have some advanced warning, but, for example, the restaurants said they always had soy milk available.

My best advice is to repeat...repeat...repeat! Make sure they note your requirements on your reservations, confirm you reservations and requests at the help desk if you are staying at a Disney hotel, mention that you need to talk with a chef when you check in, when you are seated, and when you meet your waiter.

Our experiences have always been great. Over the years we've eaten at Artist Pointe, Wilderness Canyon, Ohana, Kona Cafe, Crystal Palace, Tony's on the Square, The Land, the restaurants in Mexico, Canada, and Morocco, Coral Reef, Chef Mickey's, Hollywood & Vine?, the buffet at Grand Floridian, and others. Lots of character dining, but we've almost always been traveling with kids.

Finding counter service that fits your diet guidelines is a lot harder.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2907 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1182

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review